Who can I contact about getting about 100 XOOMs?

jaystemple

Reaction score
I work for a school.
An Apple rep is sending us an iPad and a macbook to loan for 2 weeks. I also have been given a Dell Streak 7 from Dell to test out.
We are looking at some options to go to a 1:1 with laptops/pads.

I want to know what company I can contact to get a XOOM loaner with the possibility of buying close to 100 in the coming year.

Any ideas are appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Jay

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I would contact moto directly.
The source should be able to give the biggest discount.

maslan

Reaction score
I dont know - but hope they cut you a deal. I contacted Apple about buying 50 iPads for our work and wanted a discount. They said no. The guy at Apple store said they dont do discounts because "as you and i were talking they just sold 150 more ipads". But he put me in touch with a bulk/corporate sales person who told me same thing.

Post back if you get a bulk discount as i would still be interested in a bulk purchase.

OP
J

jaystemple

Reaction score
I dont know - but hope they cut you a deal. I contacted Apple about buying 50 iPads for our work and wanted a discount. They said no. The guy at Apple store said they dont do discounts because "as you and i were talking they just sold 150 more ipads". But he put me in touch with a bulk/corporate sales person who told me same thing.

Post back if you get a bulk discount as i would still be interested in a bulk purchase.

Yeah, Apple is like that.... :/

OP
J

jaystemple

Reaction score
Wow... Called Motorola, got transferred 4 times, finally told to call Verizon

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Not surprising at all.

OP
J

jaystemple

Reaction score
finally got to Verizon's government and education hold line... eventually was told to leave a voicemail... any bets on how soon they will call me back if at all?

linuxmel

Reaction score
finally got to Verizon's government and education hold line... eventually was told to leave a voicemail... any bets on how soon they will call me back if at all?

Do you really expect Verizon, who makes you pay for a data plan to unlock wifi on a devise you paid 800.00 for, will give you what you are asking for?......don't hold your breath :)

OP
J

jaystemple

Reaction score

Off topic, I know, but this is from my Apple rep regarding bulk orders:

We have 10 pack pricing on iPads that reduces the price by $20 per iPad. We also have 5 packs of MacBooks and MacBook Pros that reduce the price by $25 per device. Also if the volume is large enough..$50K+...I can ask Finance for an additional discount. The amount of the discount that gets approved varies, but I think I could get another 5% on Macs, but not iPads.

bje1982

Reaction score

Do you really expect Verizon, who makes you pay for a data plan to unlock wifi on a devise you paid 800.00 for, will give you what you are asking for?......don't hold your breath :)

Your saying that on the xoom if you don't activate a data plan the wifi doesn't work? Even if you buy the device outright?

Op, I know that the pricing on those are really high even for resellers but if your buying that much I don't see why Motorola wouldn't give you some sort of discount this doesn't make sense unless Verizon has something to do with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
J

jaystemple

Reaction score
Op, I know that the pricing on those are really high even for resellers but if your buying that much I don't see why Motorola wouldn't give you some sort of discount this doesn't make sense unless Verizon has something to do with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Simple really... I talked to the wrong person.

Oh, and Dell doesnt sell the Streak 7 without it being activated with T-Mobile... but if you have a legit sales rep (not just someone who picks up the call when you call in, but a REAL sales rep who wants your money) and you tell them you may be spending $10,000+ with them in the near future, they make things work.

Yeah, I dont think Verizon was where they should have sent me. I will have to do some digging, but right now it honestly looks like ipads and macbooks are where we are headed. They may not be the best, but their educational division works very hard for a schools business.

joker402

Reaction score
Hmm I do work for a verizon premium retailer. PM me your info. Ill see what I can do.