Who came from CB or other sites B.D. (before Droid)

pmas

Reaction score
Former Storm owner and Pearl before that. Came from CB and never looked back. I'll never load a hybrid again!

gomezsrl

Reaction score
Treo Central for years, then Pre Central. I've deleted the bookmarks for both.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got about 1800 post over in Crackberry, I use to have the Blackberry Storm 1 and 2.

I'm sure Crackberry is too big to be properly moderated. Some of the things I like about this site so much more is that we've got a group of people here who really want to help each other. You don't see the "Use the Search" answer used in a rude way. Mods when they do act will usually give a warning out and give a new member benefit of the doubt, yet they aren't afraid to take action on some of the more serious type stuff like insulting someone.

I've been made to feel right at home here and at Crackberry, even though I had quite a bit of posting I never felt any bonding with anyone. No one offered me a friendship and I have quite a few friends over here.

And to top it off I now have a better phone too. Even in these hard times, life is good on the internet now.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I found

I've got about 1800 post over in Crackberry, I use to have the Blackberry Storm 1 and 2.

I'm sure Crackberry is too big to be properly moderated. Some of the things I like about this site so much more is that we've got a group of people here who really want to help each other. You don't see the "Use the Search" answer used in a rude way. Mods when they do act will usually give a warning out and give a new member benefit of the doubt, yet they aren't afraid to take action on some of the more serious type stuff like insulting someone.

I've been made to feel right at home here and at Crackberry, even though I had quite a bit of posting I never felt any bonding with anyone. No one offered me a friendship and I have quite a few friends over here.

I came from CB and BBOS also. What I found here when I came before I was a mod :icon_ devil: was the friendliest people on the web. This was home almost right away. I deleted all bookmarks also. I will be on the Android platform for a long long time now

cplus

Reaction score
HoFo is great! I got my start there with my old Chocolate 1. XDA, PPCGEEKS for my xv6700, xv6800 and TouchPro... But I really like it here too. And I really like the DROID too. I decided to make my first ever thread here! It's going really well and people are really helpful in keeping the discussion going and assisting others.

92slammer

Reaction score
former crackberry user and site visitor.....i had 4 BBs before the droid......dont miss them at all

JimmyD

Reaction score
I was a hardcore Palm platform user. I have been on TreoCentral since February of 2005, and was also on the PreCentral forums.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I came over to the DROID SIDE from BBOS, CrackBerry, BerryWhiz, Blackberry Owners Forum. Former Storm 1 and Pearl owner. I still see my old original Storm 1 in operation everyday, gave it to my stepson, He Loves it !! So it has a good home :p Aside from the crappy OS's, it has performed good from Day One, it was my original storm I got on the day it first came out last year. I never had any problems with the hardware, it has only been limited by the software that is on it.

Once I heard about this thing called a DROID. I started a Search for all the info I could find about it. I found this site :icon_ banana: and stayed. I have never looked back, aside from the occasional times I need to for his Storm. I have fallen in love with the Android OS and the devices it is going onto. It can only get better !!!!!!!

05Ravenr6

Reaction score
Came over from crackberry but I still drop in every once in a while I to see what's new with the storm OS's. Love my Droid and im not lookin back, but I also still got love for the Berry :blackberry:

tdog7879

Reaction score

And to top it off I now have a better phone too. Even in these hard times, life is good on the internet now.
Im a former crackberry head and storm 1 user and i have to agree with you on how much cooler the people on this site are then CB....If you ask a simple question over there or repost something you would get bashed non stop!!! This site is the best >>>nice and chill:icon_ banana: