Who bought the GNex by adding a second line???

BOA

Reaction score
So I'm just wondering; I can't upgrade so my option is to either pay full retail (NOT) or add a line to my account. Doing the math it would be cheaper to just add a line and downgrade the other line to just standard phone making my bill only $10 more a month (no data plan). I'm just wondering who did this to get their Nexus phone?

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
My brother wasn't eligible for an upgrade until Aug 2012 and they let him upgrade early for the new 2 year contract price. My 1 friend was also able to do the same.

So its worth inquiring about at a store.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
BOA

BOA

Reaction score
I just got the Bionic back in September so unfortunately I'm way off. I've been able to do early upgrades before and even got my DroidX that way but they are not budging on this one. I wish I had a hookup or something!! I need to start making some friends with Verizon managers!! LOL

bluefire7002

Reaction score
I actually had to do this... I called when the day the Nexus launched assuming I was eligible for an upgrade (we have 4 lines already). The guy from vzn said the next upgrade was until August, so I would have to pay full retail. ughhhh
he than said I could also just add a line and take off the insurance from one of the phones on my line... I did that and really only paying 3 dollars more a month.
I felt lucky too because I told him I would do that if he held it for me, since i was at work until 6pm that night. I rolled into vzn around 630pm and he said it was the last Nexus at the store (they had 80 available that morning).

OP
BOA

BOA

Reaction score
Yeah part of me wants to do it but then the other says it's a waste of money LOL. It would only be $10 more if I did it but just wish I didn't have to add that extra cost. I'm looking at a minimum of $240 for two years.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Do you have any discounts on your plan? Are you in school? It seems most universities have discounts tied to them. I was able to get a discount using my schools Email address.

You can ask if you qualify for any monthly discounts. You may luck out.

nateccnn

Reaction score
I added a line so I could get the Nexus. But I ended up giving my girlfriend my tbolt...and she needed data and tether and everything else and then her son needed an iphone and the next thing I know I'm paying over 200 more per month. But the things she does to me...I could not say no. LOL

Nate

x25064

Reaction score
Keep in mind, if your running unlimited and you add a line and cancel the data plan you have now, that new line is NOT unlimited.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Yeah part of me wants to do it but then the other says it's a waste of money LOL. It would only be $10 more if I did it but just wish I didn't have to add that extra cost. I'm looking at a minimum of $240 for two years.

It's worth it!

nateccnn

Reaction score
Keep in mind, if your running unlimited and you add a line and cancel the data plan you have now, that new line is NOT unlimited.

I was able to add a line, switch the GNex to my old line, keep the unlimited data and set up a new data plan on the new line that I transfered my old phone to. So it is posible to keep the unlimited data.

Nate

OP
BOA

BOA

Reaction score
imnot a student. Verizon didnt offer any discount. its really about value. i mean i want the phone but at what cost. i just found out the phone i bought less than 5 months ago is now worth $50 with verizon trade in. Come on. i have a galaxy tab i may sell and put that towards the purchase. i can get the phone for $500 new from a reaeller. i can get close to $400 for my tab. Still debating though. Damn i hate it im a gadget guy! lol

Droid592

Reaction score
imnot a student. Verizon didnt offer any discount. its really about value. i mean i want the phone but at what cost. i just found out the phone i bought less than 5 months ago is now worth $50 with verizon trade in. Come on. i have a galaxy tab i may sell and put that towards the purchase. i can get the phone for $500 new from a reaeller. i can get close to $400 for my tab. Still debating though. Damn i hate it im a gadget guy! lol

Amazon wireless $249.00 is upgrade and I think add a line price I'm not sure though . I put my line on vacation and opened up a whole new line with a Rezound and as soon as the g nex hit I did a exchange only payed $129 for mine

Insidious

Reaction score
Im getting mine by adding a line :D

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

x25064

Reaction score
I was able to add a line, switch the GNex to my old line, keep the unlimited data and set up a new data plan on the new line that I transfered my old phone to. So it is posible to keep the unlimited data.

Nate

Lol never thought to do that. That's pretty brilliant actually. That's what vzw gets for screwing us and violating net neutrality with data caps.

Yen2Kay

Reaction score
I added a line so I could get the Nexus. But I ended up giving my girlfriend my tbolt...and she needed data and tether and everything else and then her son needed an iphone and the next thing I know I'm paying over 200 more per month. But the things she does to me...I could not say no. LOL

Nate
sounds like your quite the sugar daddy...i hope she makes you good sandwiches