Who Bought a DROID in 2009 and used their annual upgrade already

mbh87

Reaction score
why would you upgrade right now? What is better than a D1? We get 2.3 before anyone else...
You might get it before some other devices but certainly wont be the first device to get it.

Reaction score
Oh I wouldnt upgrade right now if I was able to. Im happily going to wait til next year. I know that when my upgrade comes there will already be something better than what is out now. Plus, I love my Droid, it's still the best thing around in my opinion.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Im with you on this one Darkseider. I will keep my droid until the Tegra 2 comes out for Verizon.

D1 runs perfect. All these people threatening to leave if the DInc HD doesn't arrive in a few weeks are what cell mfrs love. Whatever will they do 10 months from now, heck even a few months from now, when better is out and they have to pay full retail?

I for one would not burn an upgrade expecting VZW to hand those out again generously when LTE comes.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1! Other than 720P recording, a better camera, and an HDMI port, there's nothing the current models do that my rooted D1 doesn't...hell, my D1 does some even better than they do! :dancedroid:

Oh I wouldnt upgrade right now if I was able to. Im happily going to wait til next year. I know that when my upgrade comes there will already be something better than what is out now. Plus, I love my Droid, it's still the best thing around in my opinion.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The D2WE looks somewhat promising with 1.2GHz, but until I know which OMAP is in it and have real world tests, I cannot call it.

Its the 3620 processor.

Manigma77

Reaction score
Verizon just sent me an email today letting me know that I am available for an early upgrade and I can get any of the current phones for a discounted price. I have a droid 1 and believe me, it is a little tempting, just because I like new things, but I will not be upgrading until I and get and LTE device with a front facing camera and hopefully an Hdmi output. I can't bring myself to waste an upgrade on anything that is out now. I still have my original droid that I purchased at Best Buy on release day, and so far the only thing wrong with it is a few small blemishes on the side of the black paint, I also just purchased a sedio rugged case for it because I am an IronWorker and I want it to be well protected for the remainder of it's life. I have been on this forum since day one and my droid has been though every rom possible, including the desire rom and all it's drama in the beginning. So heres to looking forward to the years end!! dancedroid

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
no way :)

OK bought my droid 1 in dec 2009. rooted when mdw froyo rom came out(whenever that was) :) Have been messing with the openness of the phone ever since.

So what would make me upgrade.
1) dual core
2)3.7-4.5 inch screen (minimum droid resolution)
3) a decent camera
4)LTE
5)rootable/hackable ( so most likely not a moto phone :( )

without the above ill be posting in the topic so its 2012 whos still using a droid 1 :)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I really want more ram so I can put more widgets and homescreens on and hopefully not see redraws. 512mg is minimum, I'm looking for a full 1gig. Faster processor goes without question, though I think anything in the 1.2ghz range is good. Better camera would be nice, as would HDMI out. I'd like a bit bigger screen, too.

My home launcher probably takes up 40megs of ram now. I don't care if that one day should be 200 megs, the phone should be able to handle it to be as productive as I need. Heck, I'd create screens for 20 different stock quote widgets if I could.

ronjr123

Reaction score
I just used my early upgrade on the X. I could not be happier. My rooted and ROMed D1 is/was great, but the speed, smoothness and screen on this X is superb. I too was going to wait on a LTE droid, but realistically it will still be awhile for that technology to cover the whole country. By the time that happens, I will continue enjoying my annual up grade.

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
So what is the exact date you can do this. It seems to vary. For example, my one year is Dec 2nd. When can I upgrade?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So what is the exact date you can do this. It seems to vary. For example, my one year is Dec 2nd. When can I upgrade?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

It should be December 2nd

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I got my D1 in November 2009. I upgrade to the DX in September 2010. I really like this phone. I asm looking forward to seeing if VZW gets the HTC Incredible HD. Other than a front facing camera, I do not see the need to upgrade just yet. My next family plan upgrade is in July 2011.