Who Bought a DROID in 2009 and used their annual upgrade already

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Upgrades are available at 10 months.
Not for everyone...it depends on if you are on a 1 or 2 year contract - I am on a two year contract and my official upgrade is 18 months in and I can upgrade every year (plus $20.00) on the date of my contract a year after - some people get different results though and that makes these points hard to argue

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
You can only upgrade at 10 months if you signed a 1 year contract; otherwise, it's 12 months. I'm definitely waiting on something with a tegra 2. The reason that Apple is so far ahead in resolution is because the current version of Android doesn't support a resolution higher than what the Droid has from what I understand.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

mikehal38

Reaction score
Upgrades are available at 10 months.
Not for everyone...it depends on if you are on a 1 or 2 year contract - I am on a two year contract and my official upgrade is 18 months in and I can upgrade every year (plus $20.00) on the date of my contract a year after - some people get different results though and that makes these points hard to argue

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

True but you said no one is due for an annual upgrade. I'm on an employee account and there is only a one year contact option but I still get $100 off the sale price of a phone. Now I just need something to interest me...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
On a one year contract yes - you are right 10 months is considered an annual upgrade :D

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
What he said. Until something like this comes out the Droid does it's job well.

I'm waiting on a phone that I could see myself spending the rest of my life with. One that I can bring around the family, but also get down n dirty with when the time comes.

I am waiting for higher resolution (why is Apple so far ahead of the game in this category?), LTE capable, faster processor, front facing camera, gaming abilities a la psp phone would be nice but I guess I could see myself getting a phone that doesn't have this, and stock vanilla android would also be a plus but I guess not absolutely necessary... Good developer community/support is a must tho....

With all these things right around the corner... Faster procs, LTE, front facing, higher res (i hope!), etc, anything less would be uncivilized.

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I can hold out cuz the DROID 1 is awesome, but I want to sell it while it has value. I am afraid once the Tegra Two phones come out, they will start dropping (much faster than now)

JohnAP2

Reaction score
I plan on waiting for a 4g device for my D1 replacement. All these other phones are only shades better. The true improvement will come with faster data/internet speeds.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i got my droid the weekend it came out back in november 09'. I want to upgrade but with the rollout of LTE being this month and the 1st LTE phones are scheduled to be released in the 1st quarter of 2011 im going to hold out for one of those. Id be really upset with myself if i upgraded to another EVDO phone only to find a badass LTE phones comes out a month later.

darkmatter

Reaction score
I'm holding out for droid3, whenever that comes out. The only other phone on the horizon that might draw me from the next droid is the psp phone.

a psp phone, running android, would rule all (for me), what with the real gaming controller and the console emulators. I would sorely miss my physical keyboard though.

Rixx

Reaction score
Just has my Doid 1 replaced with a refurb....not happy with it.

Called V and told them so... They said a Droid 1 can only be replaced with the same. (Droid 1)

I asked about a early upgrade....she tells me you are supposed to have a 79.00 plan or more to be eligible.

She said that it would have to be approved by a supervisor. She went and checked and came back with..."I can offer you an upgrade to Droid X, however you have to purchase the new phone."

299.00 w/100 rebate and another 1 yr commitment.

I thinking I can sell my Droid 1, and it might end up costing 50 bucks or so in the end.

Wife says they should do better than that.....

What do you think?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Waiting on the Motorola Etna....haven't even considered using an upgrade

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Waiting on the Motorola Etna....haven't even considered using an upgrade

What's that? Haven't heard of that phone. Just used my upgrade for the X, four days before I had had my droid for a year. I love it and my droid makes a great wifi device a backup phone. If I want to upgrade again in a year I could steal my dads upgrade he does not want a new phone or for that matter a smart phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

CoFoltman84

Reaction score
I did one of the "upgrade early for the 2 year price if you get a smartphone" deal. Got the Droid1...2 year upgrade doesnt come back around until November 2011...so ill be getting whatever Motorola droid is out then... Droid 4 perhaps haha