Who Bought a DROID in 2009 and used their annual upgrade already

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I am just curious and would like to take a survey to see if:

*** Original Droid owners only...

One of Three options

...What device have you replaced it with
...What device are you planning on replacing it with SOON
...What will it take to replace your device (outside of device 'death')

I am still undecided... and wnat to see what others are doing.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
My upgrade is coming up on 11/9, and I'm still not sure what I'm going to do. My wife has an Eris and is ready for a new phone, so I'm kind of hoping for a BOGO deal on something. Right now, I'm inclined to go with the Fascinate, just because it seems to be the best hardware out there right now (I don't want a Droid X). With all the phones coming on the 11th, the Continuum or the Merge are maybe possibilities, but I don't really need a physical keyboard, and the Continuum seems more gimmicky - will need to see the second screen in use to decide.

In other words, I'm kind of in the same boat as you are - not really sure what to do. The BOGO requirement may dictate that for me though.

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
My upgrade is coming up on 11/9, and I'm still not sure what I'm going to do. My wife has an Eris and is ready for a new phone, so I'm kind of hoping for a BOGO deal on something. Right now, I'm inclined to go with the Fascinate, just because it seems to be the best hardware out there right now (I don't want a Droid X). With all the phones coming on the 11th, the Continuum or the Merge are maybe possibilities, but I don't really need a physical keyboard, and the Continuum seems more gimmicky - will need to see the second screen in use to decide.

In other words, I'm kind of in the same boat as you are - not really sure what to do. The BOGO requirement may dictate that for me though.

Can you do a BOGO if you use the Annual upgrade, do we even qualify?

ClickClack911

Reaction score
I'm waiting on a phone that I could see myself spending the rest of my life with. One that I can bring around the family, but also get down n dirty with when the time comes.

I am waiting for higher resolution (why is Apple so far ahead of the game in this category?), LTE capable, faster processor, front facing camera, gaming abilities a la psp phone would be nice but I guess I could see myself getting a phone that doesn't have this, and stock vanilla android would also be a plus but I guess not absolutely necessary... Good developer community/support is a must tho....

With all these things right around the corner... Faster procs, LTE, front facing, higher res (i hope!), etc, anything less would be uncivilized.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
how does the annual upgrade work? you still get money off like a NE2, or is it something else

Darkseider

Reaction score
Just waiting for the Tegra 2 phones to come out. Until then I will have and hold my Droid.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
how does the annual upgrade work? you still get money off like a NE2, or is it something else

The primary line phone can be upgraded to a new device at the typical 2-year contract rate + $20 upgrade fee. This restarts the contract for two years (not two years added on to your existing contract - it resets the clock to zero)

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I'm waiting on a phone that I could see myself spending the rest of my life with. One that I can bring around the family, but also get down n dirty with when the time comes.

I am waiting for higher resolution (why is Apple so far ahead of the game in this category?), LTE capable, faster processor, front facing camera, gaming abilities a la psp phone would be nice but I guess I could see myself getting a phone that doesn't have this, and stock vanilla android would also be a plus but I guess not absolutely necessary... Good developer community/support is a must tho....

With all these things right around the corner... Faster procs, LTE, front facing, higher res (i hope!), etc, anything less would be uncivilized.

I can understand this, but since I am not in an LTE area, I need one more "stop gap" phone.

mikehal38

Reaction score
My upgrade was available October 27th but nothing is catching my eye. My droid will hold me over until something worth buying comes out.

vatothe0

Reaction score
Nobody is eligible for annual upgrade yet. The Droid was released on November 6th.

One of Three options

Sent from my DROIDX² using Tapatalk Pro

illmatic636

Reaction score
That is true. I'm due in January and also interested in Tegra2. We'll see. I prefer a motorola though, so Tegra2 must impress. I like hardware that is not made off 100% plastic. Has to have substance

Last edited:

Droidfish

Reaction score
I used my upgrade to get the incredible but after using it for a day I decided I liked my Moto Droid better so I sold it on ebay, lol.

For the record you can only get a buy-one-get-one deal if you have two phones on your plan eligible for upgrade which also means that you will burn 2 upgrades at once wether or not you activate them.

Edit: I transfered an upgrade from a wireless card to my phone, that's why I had an upgrade.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nobody is eligible for annual upgrade yet. The Droid was released on November 6th.
This is not 100% true, I know many people who have upgraded their Original Motorola Droid and some who are sitting on an upgrade - although it is reffered to as an early upgrade as opposed to an annual upgrade - this is not the case for everyone though - my annual upgrade is the year to the day 11/06/2010 and my new every two is 07/06/2010 and I am not eligible for an early upgrade

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

mikehal38

Reaction score

One of Three options

Sent from my DROIDX² using Tapatalk Pro

Upgrades are available at 10 months.