Whites seem yellowish

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Does anyone else with an s9+, seem like their whites are on the yellowish side? Doesn't seem to matter how I play with the colors the whites seem to look like that. No, my blue light filter isn't on. I'd screen shot it but may not look like that on someone else's screen. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
are you using a screen protector? that could be the issue. are you using the oreo night light feature? if so, disable it. finally, do you have the brightness on the screen turned down, if so, increase it.

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
are you using a screen protector? that could be the issue. are you using the oreo night light feature? if so, disable it. finally, do you have the brightness on the screen turned down, if so, increase it.
No screen protector, how do I disable oreos night light feature, I use Samsung's version. And brightness is set to auto.
Thanks for the reply.

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
turn off the auto and make the screen brighter and see if it helps.

as far as the night light, even though it is to enable, you should be able to disable using the same steps
How to Enable Night Light on Android Oreo
It seems to be better at full display brightness, but not sure I want it to stay at full brightness.
And I don't seem to have that option in my display settings just the blue light filter option.
What screen mode are you using in display settings?

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
Using the adaptive display mode other ones don't help either.

Last edited:

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
It seems to be better at full display brightness, but not sure I want it to stay at full brightness.
And I don't seem to have that option in my display settings the battery part of it that is.Using the adaptive display mode other ones don't help either.

Take it in and compare it to a demo unit. If there is a difference maybe have it replaced or do an FDR first.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
the nite light does give it a yellowish tint.
Take it in and compare it to a demo unit. If there is a difference maybe have it replaced or do an FDR first.

come to think of it, it could be the same as the blue light sensor. sometimes I just don't think as clear as other times, me getting old.

OP
sharkattack99

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Sounds like a flaw in the device I guess hopefully Samsung gets an update out that fixes it soon. Guess I'll have to live with it till they do.
No point in turning it in I'm past the 14 day thing and now I'll just a "refurbished" one, that someone else had a problem with and turned in..lol