1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Which VZW phone right now?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by eisman, Feb 4, 2011.

1. eisman

eisman New Member

I need a new phone and am currently using the Droid 1. I have hacked the bejesus out of it and love the device. I am adding a line to a business account so all I will have to worry about is the initial cost.

Which phone has the best specs right now? Which one is the best value? Should I stay with a droid (x/pro) or go with another manufacturer?

The Droid Pro is $179 right now. Is this the way to go and still have CM or another custom rom?

Thanks
    eisman
  2. Jeyman

Jeyman New Member

droid pro as of now has low ass life. Maybe look into te D2G?
  3. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad

If you're looking to hack the phone, don't go near the droid pro or global, pretty much no one developing on those. I would suggest the x or incredible. Or wait for the thunderbolt.

tappin and a talkin
  4. Detonation

Detonation New Member

Wait a week and half and get the Thunderbolt (unless the 4g pricing is ridiculous)
  5. stead2120

stead2120 New Member

I would just get another O.G. Droid 1. I mean all these new phones coming out and they can't even do half of what the O.G. Droid can do.
  6. hood

hood New Member

7. abn75

abn75 Banned

If you want a physical keyboard I would say the D2G, if not I would go with the DX. If your wanting 4G, wait for the thunderbolt, it should be out soon, rumor I heard is around 2-13 or so. The DINC is also a decent phone. My advice, stay away from the Droid PRO, no real support from what I understand.

Sent from my DX running DS4.2
  8. Big Lou

Big Lou New Member

Can you possibly wait for 4Q? The Motorola Atrix is supposed to come to Verizon at the end of the year.
  9. eisman

eisman New Member

I am not going to get 4G in my area. Hell, I just got 3g coverage inside the house about 5 months ago. Thanks for all your advice, I think I will go with the D2G or X.
  10. Bigaliensexmachine3000

Bigaliensexmachine3000 New Member

I'm sure 4G phones will also be 3G capable. I would go with the TB.
  11. kptphalkon

kptphalkon New Member

The droid 2 global is a very capable phone, and although it is speculative whether it will receive the gingerbread update with its locked bootloader, i can assure you that compared to my friend's droid 1 it is very feature rich, and FAST!

Since this is for a corporate account, i would definitely recommend. Just a word of advice, go with the extended battery and be prepared to spend a bit of time customizing your interface out of the box. Lots of preloaded crap like FB sync and hosts of stock stuff i froze.

Sent from the Blue Falcon cockpit on my D2G