Which version of UD gave you the best battery life?

Discussion in 'UltimateDroid' started by Rento, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Rento

Rento Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Looks like UD 3.2 has been released... But I don't want to try it since 3.1 was a very bad experience for me. Not only was it buggy as all hell, but I only got about 4-5 hours on that ROM. Also, between wiping my phone to get to 3.1 and back to UD2.5 my phone's vibrate function died completely. So I don't want any other features to die off...

I'm currently running UD2.5 with a Gorilla Gadgets 3500mAh extended battery, still calibrating, but I got about ~18 hours on full charge yesterday. Battery Left is estimating 28 hours of usage...?

Anyways.

This is a GENERAL question for every UltimateDroid fan. Just wanna know which version gave you the best battery life.

2. smtom

smtom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Big time UD 2.5 fan here. Run it on 3 DIncs. I have run the UD's since then; meh... Disappointing actually.

Trying 3.2 now, battery life is quite good, no wonky stuff. Stock kernel.

Surprised and pleased thus far.
    Will run it for a while and post back if performance, battery, or anything else drops off. So far, I'm calling this a suitable successor to 2.5.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  3. Rento

Rento Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Oh really? Yeah, it seems like there's no outlandish reports of bugs like 3.1 I might make the switch.

When people say UDX.X with stock kernal. Is that the OEM kernel or the kernel that is with the ROM?

4. smtom

smtom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Kernel that came w/ the ROM - my apologies on clarity.

UD 3.2 is the first gingerbread ROM I've liked.
    To be fair, gingerbread presents no appreciable improvement over Froyo - just my opinion.

Tried some other kernels, really wanted to like them better than the one that came w/ the ROM, but it (the one that ships w/ the ROM) gives truly better battery life and performance, and no lag or tearing on the screens.

Is the stock kernel the fastest? No, but if it sure delivers what I want - good battery life, stable, quick GPS, no wifi issues, wireless ADB, etc.

hth

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  5. crazyjoker2

crazyjoker2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    il flashing between UD 2.5 and UD 3.2.0 hard to say which is the one i like the best

6. smtom

smtom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update - UD 3.2 won't pair with my car's built in bluetooth..... Deal breaker for me, flashed back to 2.5, paired just fine.

7. Rento

Rento Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Is it UD3.2 that won't pair with the BT? I was trying to get it connect to the Lexus and it wasn't working...

No deal breaker for me tho... The car I drive most has a OEM Stereo and I wanna keep it that way, so my only choice for that car is one of those tape to headphone jacks. ;)

As far as battery life... I'm using the same Kernel on UD3.2 as I was on UD2.5 which is JDLFG 300-850Mhz LV and it seems that i'm getting about the same battery life, maybe 1-2 less hours on UD3.2.

8. smtom

smtom Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, sadly UD3.2 won't pair with car's BT.
    Really like the ROM's battery life and stability.