Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'm waiting on two updates. Both are said to be coming by the end of the year. I'm waiting on Oreo for my Samsung Tab A 8 (2017) and Pie for my LG G7 ThinQ. Which one will come first? Let's have some fun with this. I'll make a it a poll. Also tell me why you voted the way you did. I'm curious to hear your thinking. Security updates don't count. Full OS update only. Winners get bragging rights.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am not here to bash Sammy, but my vote is LG. Sammy seems to be the slowest when it comes to OS updates. :cool:

RoWilJr

Reaction score
Don't know about LG, but Sammy is releasing Pie Beta this week with full final being sometime in January.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I am not here to bash Sammy, but my vote is LG. Sammy seems to be the slowest when it comes to OS updates. :cool:
They did release Oreo for my tablet but in other countries but not in the US yet. Pie is being tested in South Korea on the G7. It's a toss up but your right Sammy doesn't have the greatest track record for timely updates.

Don't know about LG, but Sammy is releasing Pie Beta this week with full final being sometime in January.

My tablet won't see pie until 2020 but it should if they stick with the 2 OS update policy. Oreo will the first for this tablet. It came with Nougat.

RoWilJr

Reaction score
Sammy is stepping up their updates compared to the their past track record as far as their flagship phones go.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Sammy is stepping up their updates compared to the their past track record as far as their flagship phones go.

I've heard that too but my tablet is far from being a flagship.

JandN2639

Reaction score
Samsung takes forever before the US gets updates. I'm thinking the LG too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Amazing!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Still waiting for pie but I read today that it's been released in South Korea for the G7 ThinQ. Hopefully it'll be coming to the US soon. That's good news for those of us on the forum who own one (all three of us).

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Still waiting for pie but I read today that it's been released in South Korea for the G7 ThinQ. Hopefully it'll be coming to the US soon. That's good news for those of us on the forum who own one (all three of us).
There are probably more than 3 people that own one, just 3 people that post regularly. I'm sure you have noticed....this place is kind of a ghost town most days.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
There are probably more than 3 people that own one, just 3 people that post regularly. I'm sure you have noticed....this place is kind of a ghost town most days.

Yep, it's a ghost town sometimes but small amount of regular posters we do have are good people. Sometimes crowded boards equal big drama. That's not really a problem here.