Which SIM card to use

search231GT

Reaction score
I just got my droid DNA today. The Dna came with a SIM card in the slot already and I thought I was supposed to use that one. When I turned it on and proceeded to activate the sim card it was taking forever to activate the data, and it was't working. I took the sim card out of my droid razr and popped it into the dna and once I turned it on it instantly connected to my 4G and I went on to sign in and began using my phone. Right now it works and I'm getting Data. Am I supposed to use the sim card that came with the dna? The one from my razr seems to be working fine. If someone could clarify this for me I would much appreciate it.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
your account info is linked to your old sim, you can use that. i switch mine between phones all the time.
some phones ship with sims, its easier to just use the old one than get a new one activated if your old one works fine.

OP
search231GT

search231GT

Reaction score
alright thanks man.I guess I'm just going to stick with the old one.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
If you ordered the phone online, you have to call the 800# in the box to accept terms and conditions. Then the SIM that shipped in the phone would work. If you did not do that, you can just take your SIM from the other phone like you did and put it in the new DNA and that too will work.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Ps. Verizon has released a new SIM, called NFC SIM in preparation for ISIS. ISIS is a consortium of carriers for payment thru NFC capable phones. Google ISIS for more info.