Which Screen Protector to get ?

Discussion in 'Nexus 6P by Huawei' started by cynkrzy, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,020
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    I bought the insurance. Not worried.

• Like Like x 2
  2. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,685
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    I agree, insurance is a must for today's high end smartphones. We always keep full coverage on devices, but the way I see it is, a $15 dollar investment to keep me from coming up with $100 deductible (and minimum two days without my device), is a pretty decent investment. Especially with the quality of TGSP's these days. Even the inexpensive Verizon brand provides less fingerprints and smoother movement than using the device nekkid.

3. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,020
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    I had to look up TGSP, I've never heard that acronym before. I may try one but this phone will be my running, biking and etc phone so anything can happen to it. I take tons of spills running trail.

4. kas1229

kas1229 Active Member

Ratings:
    +29
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 4 verizon
    I agree, once you go glass you will never use a film again. However I have cracked a few of them, luckily they had lifetime warranties.

• Like Like x 2
  5. bnpdp

bnpdp Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Current Phone Model:
    God's Phone aka Pixel 3 XL
    I have used several brands on my N6 and on my wife and daughters iPhone 6's.

Not sure who makes Verizon's glass but it is the best. Seems easiest to install without catching crap between screen and glass. And it seems to be the "flatter" than others if that makes sense.

Problem is Verizon probably won't carry the glass until they carry the 6P.

Not sure if it helps the screen from cracking but my gnex and an incredible both cracked when dropped without protection. I have dropped my N6 several times and screen has been fine.

I dropped my first N6 with glass and a fairly rigid spigen case. Screen didn't crack but the digitizer did. My new N6 has glass and a much softer case and so far all is well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cynkrzy

cynkrzy Platinum Member

Ratings:
    +663
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    I ordered a Supershieldz TPG screen protector a while back

Read somewhere that they were missing the cutout for the proximity sensor and Boom look what shows up my inbox this morning..

"Thank you again for your order of "Nexus 6P 2015 Screen Protector- iVoler 0.2mm 2.5D Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Huawei Google Nexus 6P 2015 with Lifetime Replacement Warranty (".

View Order on Amazon.com

We are terribly sorry to inform you that there has been a design flaw for the Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Nexus 6P that we had shipped to you. Apparently, the proximity sensor cutout is missing on our first batch of product that we had shipped out to you. We had since working on a revised version with the appropriate cutouts for the proximity sensor and we will arrange to ship the new version to you ASAP.

We are now arranging the new revised version to be shipped to Amazon's FBA warehouse in the US and we should expect the inventory to arrived by next week. We will inform you then on the arrangement of the replacement. You do not need to return us the previous screen protector.

Once again we are terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you so much for your patience with us.

Regards,

Jeffery
    iVoler
    "