Which screen protector to buy

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by zeppelin, Jul 17, 2010.

1. zeppelin

zeppelin New Member

I have never scratched any of my phones in the past 10 years, but I recently put a small scratch in my droid. I have mainly avoided them because of that god awful rubbery, stick feeling. That and I figure Ill mess up putting it on the phone.

Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions on which might not my too rubbery/sticky feeling?

Any help is appreciated!
  2. IIIunityIII

IIIunityIII New Member

I really really like the seidio protector. Its a bit pricey, but I bought it with my seidio innocase back in December when I got the phone. I no longer use the innocase, but I still have the protector. It feels really smooth, close to the regular glass feel. Its really easy to put on too, it static clings. The only con to this screen protector is that you will get fingerprinting (like most other ones), but I just clean mine with a microfiber eyeglass cloth once a week or so.

Hope this short review helped. Good luck.
  3. CSmith_AndroidD

CSmith_AndroidD New Member

The ones from vzw are great, and they are Anti-Glare as well. They have a smooth feeling and are easy to apply.
  4. Viper323

Viper323 New Member

Mine has been naked since the day I got it and not a scratch on it! I got some VZW protectors and used one for about a day but ultimately decided they weren't necessary
  5. THier

THier New Member

I use Zagg Invisible shield on everything I own. I put the phone in my pocket with my keys, change ect and my 2 year old Omnia looks brand new.
  6. ffej89

ffej89 New Member

Invisible shield is the only one i trust. I work in concrete and have never had a scratch with it
  7. Grifter

Grifter New Member

+1

I'm waiting for them to come out with one for the Droid X in my location. Until then, I have one of the Verizon ones on the screen to help protect it.
  8. rlarson_mn

rlarson_mn New Member

There is a YouTube video of some guy using his car keys to scratch his droid screen. When he finished not a mark is to be seen. After watching that I thought to myself I do not need a screen protector. Mine is always in my right front pants pocket naked!
  9. carpenter_22

carpenter_22 New Member

i saw that video and tried it on a phone i had to return when i got my replacement and man that gorilla glass is strong
  10. Grifter

Grifter New Member

Same here. But I've learned in the past, better safe than sorry.

Murphy's Law, if something can go wrong, it will.

I'd rather have the protection and never have a use for it, than not have it on my phone and have something happen - cause sure as ****, it will. LOL
  11. mpax9

mpax9 New Member

Another vote for Zagg. I originally bought a pack of VZW shields, but I was going through them like once a week (bubbling and coming up at the corners). I put the Zagg on months ago and it still looks like new.
  12. Deooirian

Deooirian New Member

I have the antiglare screen protectors for my droidx. and i think its a good investment so far. seeing at the phone is always in my pocket i figured it would be a good idea to protect the screen.
  13. takeshi

takeshi New Member

There are a ton of existing screen protector threads that you should refer to as they are full of suggestions. If the sticky feeling is an issue then don't go with the Zagg Invisibleshield. I'd suggest the Steinheil SGP Crystal.

Not again... Keys are not harder than glass. Scratch tests using keys are meaningless.

And, again, Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant but it is not unscratchable.
Search tags for this page

which screen protecter to buy