Which screen protector to buy

zeppelin

Reaction score
I have never scratched any of my phones in the past 10 years, but I recently put a small scratch in my droid. I have mainly avoided them because of that god awful rubbery, stick feeling. That and I figure Ill mess up putting it on the phone.

Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions on which might not my too rubbery/sticky feeling?

Any help is appreciated!

IIIunityIII

Reaction score
I really really like the seidio protector. Its a bit pricey, but I bought it with my seidio innocase back in December when I got the phone. I no longer use the innocase, but I still have the protector. It feels really smooth, close to the regular glass feel. Its really easy to put on too, it static clings. The only con to this screen protector is that you will get fingerprinting (like most other ones), but I just clean mine with a microfiber eyeglass cloth once a week or so.

Hope this short review helped. Good luck.

Reaction score
I have never scratched any of my phones in the past 10 years, but I recently put a small scratch in my droid. I have mainly avoided them because of that god awful rubbery, stick feeling. That and I figure Ill mess up putting it on the phone.

Anyways, does anyone have any suggestions on which might not my too rubbery/sticky feeling?

Any help is appreciated!

The ones from vzw are great, and they are Anti-Glare as well. They have a smooth feeling and are easy to apply.

Viper323

Reaction score
Mine has been naked since the day I got it and not a scratch on it! I got some VZW protectors and used one for about a day but ultimately decided they weren't necessary

THier

Reaction score
I use Zagg Invisible shield on everything I own. I put the phone in my pocket with my keys, change ect and my 2 year old Omnia looks brand new.

ffej89

Reaction score
Invisible shield is the only one i trust. I work in concrete and have never had a scratch with it

Grifter

Reaction score
I use Zagg Invisible shield on everything I own. I put the phone in my pocket with my keys, change ect and my 2 year old Omnia looks brand new.

+1

I'm waiting for them to come out with one for the Droid X in my location. Until then, I have one of the Verizon ones on the screen to help protect it.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
There is a YouTube video of some guy using his car keys to scratch his droid screen. When he finished not a mark is to be seen. After watching that I thought to myself I do not need a screen protector. Mine is always in my right front pants pocket naked!

carpenter_22

Reaction score
There is a YouTube video of some guy using his car keys to scratch his droid screen. When he finished not a mark is to be seen. After watching that I thought to myself I do not need a screen protector. Mine is always in my right front pants pocket naked!

i saw that video and tried it on a phone i had to return when i got my replacement and man that gorilla glass is strong

Grifter

Reaction score

Same here. But I've learned in the past, better safe than sorry.

Murphy's Law, if something can go wrong, it will.

I'd rather have the protection and never have a use for it, than not have it on my phone and have something happen - cause sure as ****, it will. LOL

mpax9

Reaction score
Another vote for Zagg. I originally bought a pack of VZW shields, but I was going through them like once a week (bubbling and coming up at the corners). I put the Zagg on months ago and it still looks like new.

Deooirian

Reaction score
I have the antiglare screen protectors for my droidx. and i think its a good investment so far. seeing at the phone is always in my pocket i figured it would be a good idea to protect the screen.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
There are a ton of existing screen protector threads that you should refer to as they are full of suggestions. If the sticky feeling is an issue then don't go with the Zagg Invisibleshield. I'd suggest the Steinheil SGP Crystal.

There is a YouTube video of some guy using his car keys to scratch his droid screen. When he finished not a mark is to be seen. After watching that I thought to myself I do not need a screen protector.
Not again... Keys are not harder than glass. Scratch tests using keys are meaningless.

And, again, Gorilla Glass is scratch resistant but it is not unscratchable.