Which ROM should I use?

KGameLover1

Reaction score
A newly-rooted Dinc here, and wondering which custom ROM I should use.
I already tried SkyRaider, but it was too glitchy (or maybe I just didn't do it right :p ).

Which ROM do you think should I use, and why?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well, I have Droid but I can tell you that all the roms for it are all so good now that I select a rom based on which themes are available for it.

Also, if I get a "glitchy" rom, I just go back and reinstall the same rom. Works every time (so far!!).

OP
K

KGameLover1

Reaction score
Well, I have Droid but I can tell you that all the roms for it are all so good now that I select a rom based on which themes are available for it.

Also, if I get a "glitchy" rom, I just go back and reinstall the same rom. Works every time (so far!!).

Sorry if this sounds noobish, but how would I go about finding which themes go with which roms? I saw the "And now for something completely different" thread, should I install that one?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Sorry if this sounds noobish, but how would I go about finding which themes go with which roms? I saw the "And now for something completely different" thread, should I install that one?

I personally love that one. It's like the iPhone and actually works really well. Two glitches, there is still little bits of Chinese spread in it, but nothing you'll see day to day. And the camera can only go 5mp with no 720p on the videocamera yet.

Other than that, I love it. I've tried a couple others since loading this and keep coming back to MIUI.

OP
K

KGameLover1

Reaction score

I personally love that one. It's like the iPhone and actually works really well. Two glitches, there is still little bits of Chinese spread in it, but nothing you'll see day to day. And the camera can only go 5mp with no 720p on the videocamera yet.

Other than that, I love it. I've tried a couple others since loading this and keep coming back to MIUI.
Ooh, I had a (jailbroken) iPhone, so I'll check that one out. It'll be like iPhoDroid (which I used) except now... AndriOS. LOL.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
You MUST use the ROM from the link I gave you. You're trying to install a ROM for a Droid 1. If you aren't using the correct ROM, at best it won't work, at worst, you can brick your phone. You can't just grab ROM's and start installing. They MUST be made for your phone.

OP
K

KGameLover1

Reaction score
You MUST use the ROM from the link I gave you. You're trying to install a ROM for a Droid 1. If you aren't using the correct ROM, at best it won't work, at worst, you can brick your phone. You can't just grab ROM's and start installing. They MUST be made for your phone.

Oh, whew, thank God I didn't try it again yet! Whew.
Thanks for the help.

I did the whole method in post #139, but nothing looks different, aside from the keyboard.
I'll try again.

Gadawgs29

Reaction score
The new ROM the new guy is Wat I'm using now and it is by far my favorite compared to others. I like the dark colors and boot screen it has but u can also install other themes that come with Rom through metamorph

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App