Which ROM is best?!?!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
CM7 isn't .596 based. It runs off of the Froyo kernel. You would have to sbf. Its amazing though and its Android 2.3.5. Customization is unreal.

The only issue is battery life isn't that great.

CM74DX

Battlife is the reason I haven't flashed it yet...seeing screens I know ill like it but i don't wanna have to stalk my batt percentage lol

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
CM7 isn't .596 based. It runs off of the Froyo kernel. You would have to sbf. Its amazing though and its Android 2.3.5. Customization is unreal.

CM74DX

Battlife is the reason I haven't flashed it yet...seeing screens I know ill like it but i don't wanna have to stalk my batt percentage lol

Yeah, I tried to go back to a .596 based ROM that I loved before CM7. Apex had awesome battery life and was fast and stable. But after I tried CM7, I found that no .596 based ROM comes close to it. I was back on CM7 in an hour and I just bought a huge extended battery. ;)

CM74DX

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah, I tried to go back to a .596 based ROM that I loved before CM7. Apex had awesome battery life and was fast and stable. But after I tried CM7, I found that no .596 based ROM comes close to it. I was back on CM7 in an hour and I just bought a huge extended battery. ;)

CM74DX

How big we talking here as far as battery size? I want one bc I would rather use my phone constantly but dont have the ability to charge at work. So at this point Im using all 2nd-init ROMs bc they rule but limiting my use during the day. It sucks!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

How big we talking here as far as battery size? I want one bc I would rather use my phone constantly but dont have the ability to charge at work. So at this point Im using all 2nd-init ROMs bc they rule but limiting my use during the day. It sucks!

Its 3500 mAh. Stock is 1500. Size-wise its about 3 stock batteries stacked. Comes with a larger battery door.

I got it off eBay with an external charger for $23 shipped.

CM74DX

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

CM74DX

Ill have this phone maybe a month.. not really gonna buy batts and stuff for it but I sure will enjoy the roms :) and getting it def prepares me for my next phone im a big fan of this screen/phone size now that i have it

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

Its 3500 mAh. Stock is 1500. Size-wise its about 3 stock batteries stacked. Comes with a larger battery door.

CM74DX

Sick price I got my friend a reg batt for like 9 so that's cheap but man that sounds huge and heavy lol

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

CM74DX

Thats a good deal, that I will have to check out. Thanks!

Ill have this phone maybe a month.. not really gonna buy batts and stuff for it but I sure will enjoy the roms :) and getting it def prepares me for my next phone im a big fan of this screen/phone size now that i have it

Yeah when I had a D1 I always said the screen size on the X was too big. Then I got an X and now when I look at my D1 Im like man wheres the rest of the screen lol

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

Sick price I got my friend a reg batt for like 9 so that's cheap but man that sounds huge and heavy lol

I knew it was gonna be big, but its still huge! It sticks out a little past the camera hump lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320692701255&category=20357&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

CM74DX

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

Yeah when I had a D1 I always said the screen size on the X was too big. Then I got an X and now when I look at my D1 Im like man wheres the rest of the screen lol

Haven't looked at my d1 since I activated the X .. my d1 touch screen broke so it's pretty useless at this point.. I always liked the bigger screens but by the time I had an upgrade available I've been waiting for a bionic... I wont mind if that comes with a 4.5 ;)

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

CM74DX

I'll take that D1 off your hands... ;)

CM74DX

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
My brother is actually using it now. He busted his smartphone and being a kind, benevolent older brother I am letting him have it for the time being.

When he gives up in it ill let ya know.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
installed darkslide and first impression... its amazing... all the blur stuff i wanted and a great layout... will comment further tomorrow