Which ROM is best?!?!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've been out of the loop for awhile (still running Liberty 1.5/Froyo). I see mention of tethering in this thread. I'm looking to hit up a GB ROM but must not lose wifi tethering; it is my most crucial app. Suggestions?

All the 2nd-init GB ROM's can run it

Excellent. Can I use my existing Android Wifi Tether app or will it require something else?

You should. I use the Wireless Tether for Root Users beta.

CM74DX

Dman2000000

Reaction score
CAP201108101925.png
conQUEror24

What ROM are you running to get that kind of battery life?
Darkslide X GB...I'm also using QuickClock Advanced. This is all with a stock battery, but I'll be getting my extended soon.

preusstang

Reaction score
I ran liberty ever since v1.0, then liberty GB up to v0.9

I've tried liquid, cm7, MIUI,

and MIUI frickin smashes the competition man. There's so many hidden features, the theming is awesome,
and the SIP integration is flawless.

The notification bar toggles are more than enough to justify using this rom. It gave me a headache at first, but now ill never flash another ROM again. Why waste time messing wih theming other ROMS when that's what this one was built for. Try it. Keep it for 1 day. You wont wanna get rid of it.

Note: use launcher pro tho, or else you wont have an app drawer. Adw doesn't work with themed icons and will piss you off real quick.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im looking for a rom with blur and gb features...basic stock stuff but with better battery life and customizable status bar (batt icon etc.) As well as some extra features... can anyone recommend a ROM for me

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Dman2000000

Reaction score
Im looking for a rom with blur and gb features...basic stock stuff but with better battery life and customizable status bar (batt icon etc.) As well as some extra features... can anyone recommend a ROM for me

Darkslide X and I hear zoombiestomped

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

thanks ill give darkside a shot when i get in

Just checked the screens, look good but does it have the new market? And is 4.2 the newer version?

Last edited:

milski65

Reaction score

Just checked the screens, look good but does it have the new market? And is 4.2 the newer version?

4.2 is not the latest. Darkslide X is. I've been running this for a a few weeks. Killer battery life, completely stable. BB includes the "black market" style market, but the new market will install over. It'll auto update.

Also have 2nd DX running Shuji. 2nd day. Battery life stunning as well, updates coming, great dev team behind it. But dsx will stay on my primary. If you are in the habit I'm sorry for pointing this out, but run battery callibration on it.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

4.2 is not the latest. Darkslide X is. I've been running this for a a few weeks. Killer battery life, completely stable. BB includes the "black market" style market, but the new market will install over. It'll auto update.

Also have 2nd DX running Shuji. 2nd day. Battery life stunning as well, updates coming, great dev team behind it. But dsx will stay on my primary. If you are in the habit I'm sorry for pointing this out, but run battery callibration on it.

Sounds good... not sure what battery calibration is, I've had the dx for a day

Do I sbf going from liberty .08 to dsx

milski65

Reaction score
I don't know anything about Liberty. If it's a 596 based rom, no. If it's a froyo rom, yes. Battery callibration is in the market. Free. I've wiped batt stats on both dsx and Shuji and ran the callibration app (follow instructions). Someone here will answer you shortly on flashing over liberty.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know anything about Liberty. If it's a 596 based rom, no. If it's a froyo rom, yes. Battery callibration is in the market. Free. I've wiped batt stats on both dsx and Shuji and ran the callibration app (follow instructions). Someone here will answer you shortly on flashing over liberty.

Thanks a lot.... overall I like the dx alot lot but flashing these Roms sure is time consuming lol

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't have to sbf. Just wipe data, cache and dalvik cache and install.

CM74DX

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't have to sbf. Just wipe data, cache and dalvik cache and install.

CM74DX

Best news I heard all day ... backing up and flashing ..thanks brad

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
No problem. For future reference, you can flash any .596 based ROM over another .596 based ROM with just wiping.

CM74DX

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
No problem. For future reference, you can flash any .596 based ROM over another .596 based ROM with just wiping.

CM74DX

Except cm7 right or is that one not even. 596

I read something about needing another kernel

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
CM7 isn't .596 based. It runs off of the Froyo kernel. You would have to sbf. Its amazing though and its Android 2.3.5. Customization is unreal.

The only issue is battery life isn't that great.

CM74DX