Which ROM is best?!?!

mcp770

Reaction score
If hdmi isn't a concern which it isn't to me than liquid gingerbread is hands down the best thing to happen to my phone since the beginning. Never has this phone been so customizable with no toolbox or terminal codes needed. Everything is one click away in settings menu. If you like CM4DX than this is for you and if you haven't tried any cyanogen based roms on your x yet this will blow your mind.

OP
Top_Droid

Top_Droid

Reaction score
I second that!! I flashed Liquid Gingerbread and am blow away, by FAR the best ROM I've been on.....I'll be sticking to this one for a while!!

Sent from my DX running SSX on DroidForums

naman919

Reaction score
for me Liquid Gingerbread has some bugs that bother me. v2.5 seems to have issues with the power notification bar not working consistently and i still don't understand why the camera hard button doesn't work.

flashing back to 2.4, backing up and then going to try out APEX i reckon.

I was on an OG Droid until it took a swim and i switched to a DX. love the screen size but miss my stable CM7 :(

how's MIUI? thoughts?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
CM7 all the way. SSX is a close second.

CM74DX

ourkidsteve

Reaction score
Anybody have any issues with sending or receiving MMS messages on any of the 2nd-init ROMs?

I recently had issues with Liquid Gingerbread 2.4 doing this so i decided to go back to stock gingerbread 5.96 this morning. I realize now how much I do not want to stay on it, so I might just go back to Liberty AOSP like I was on.

Just wondering if the MMS is an issue on these like camera/camcorder is.

thanks,

OP
Top_Droid

Top_Droid

Reaction score
Anybody have any issues with sending or receiving MMS messages on any of the 2nd-init ROMs?

I recently had issues with Liquid Gingerbread 2.4 doing this so i decided to go back to stock gingerbread 5.96 this morning. I realize now how much I do not want to stay on it, so I might just go back to Liberty AOSP like I was on.

Just wondering if the MMS is an issue on these like camera/camcorder is.

thanks,

I haven't had any problems on any of the 2nd-init ROM's. I'm running Liquid 2.5 now and its been great. The only problem is the wifi isn't working yet. I heard it has a fix, just waiting to be released.

OP
Top_Droid

Top_Droid

Reaction score
CM7 all the way. SSX is a close second.

CM74DX

I agree toughs are my favorite to, but I've been on liquid though for the past few days and I think it might be a little better for me.

What do you you like more about CM7?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
The themes seem to stick better, there is a nightly pretty much every night and it seems to run better for me.

I do like the Liquid tools though.

CM74DX

OP
Top_Droid

Top_Droid

Reaction score
The nightlies is probably what I miss most. And the themes do actually stick on cm7 I'll probably switch back untilled they fix the wifi on liquid.

Sent from my DX running LGB on DroidForums

xrevx

Reaction score
If you like asop check out the shuji rom. i put a thread up in the dx roms thread with a link. its on rootzwiki. its like sensei's asop but it is getting god mode and a few other nifty features.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you like asop check out the shuji rom. i put a thread up in the dx roms thread with a link. its on rootzwiki. its like sensei's asop but it is getting god mode and a few other nifty features.

Hey, when is the Sturdy Click Syndicate ROM coming out? Or is that the Shuji ROM?

CM74DX

jeff0r3

Reaction score
MIUI is about the best rom I've tried... Its fast, smooth and has a BUNCH of customizations. DSX is a close 2nd and CM7 in at 3rd..

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
MIUI is a very different Android experience. I didn't think I would like it, but its pretty cool. It is very clean and lightweight. IMO, if Motorola used this as there default ROM, their phones would be amazing. It feels like the perfect stock ROM. The way it should be from the factory

MIUI

jeff0r3

Reaction score
Its like an Android OS mating with a IOS... Baby=MIUI Its got some friggin AWESOME features... Updates every Friday, and has an unbelievable amount of themes. Plus you can use Launchers!! All's I say is give it a try before you knock it..

OP
Top_Droid

Top_Droid

Reaction score
OMGB and GTalk video chat?!?!

Has anyone tried the OMGB ROM? It seems kinda interesting, I think I'm going to give it a shoot next.....Also, do you guys know what the difference is between the OMGB & OMFGB?

I saw somewhere the new GTalk has the video chat. Do any of the current ROM's support that?