which rom is as close to vanilla as possible ?

zero7404

Reaction score
i am looking for a rom, just because i don't want motoblur on the D2, can someone suggest one that's as close to stock android as possible ?

mardoon

Reaction score
I am running fission 2.2.2 overclock 1300_62 with LaucherPro Plus ver 0.8.1.1 and backgrounds app for pic and I love it ! Ty you all for your hard work! Mardoon

trook

Reaction score
Fission is the closest to vanilla around... I use it and I love it. I'm sure you will too, there is no blur, tons of themes and extras, and my battery lasts forever. Squidlys roms are great as well and are much more customizable if you desire a little blur here and there, Ape-x I'm trying out now and it too is amazing. we have the sbf file and there is plenty of support on this forum so I recommend trying them all ! have fun with your phone. Make it your own.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
thanks for the input guys ...

i am really not a fan of loading an 'aftermarket' rom because i really cannot be sure that it is as true to the real thing as possible. but this is the only way i'll be able to get rid of motoblur which i do not want.

can some of you tell me, is this rom stable ? will i have any freezes, missed calls that don't ring on the phone, other odd or not intended behavior ? i really don't need problems at the moment because i have a newborn at home, so if my phone doesn't ring as it would otherwise, i'll be upset.

if this rom is the same as the latest froyo build, with added benefits of battery saving (because it's lean), then i'd like to give it a try, but only if it is stable.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well most if not all of the previously stated roms have been thoroughly tested and are all stable. I use squidly and I can say i've had no issues yet.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App