1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

which rom has the BEST battery life?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by hayaku, Apr 9, 2010.

1. hayaku

hayaku New Member

for normal usage?

i've noticed that a few of the rom's i've tried burned through a full charge in a few hours... any out there that you've noticed that has a great compromise of features/performance to battery life?

if so, which rom/kernel and how long does it last for you?
  2. kauaigs

kauaigs New Member

honestly, with so many variables such as kernel, clockspeed, phone hardware, usage patterns, LWP, widgets, etc...it would be hard to draw a real conclusion.

I've had best battery life on the newer CM roms, followed by great success with ChevyNo1's roms.

I recently went 22+ hours of moderate usage, (CM5.0.5.7 800mhz) and when I plugged in I still had +40% battery. Usage was more than normal for me...otherwise, I end the day in the +50%-60% range with CM.
  3. hayaku

hayaku New Member

which kernel are you using with the cm5057@800mhz? i've never been able to get that long a standby time, even on stock 2.01.

i dont run lwp. only have 2 widgets (beautiful home and power control). until recently i've always left all services on but now have juicedefender turning things off for me automatically. i try to run light as possible in terms of apps as well...
  4. kauaigs

kauaigs New Member

I use bekits 7 slot LV 800mhz kernel

And Juice Defender / Ultimate Juice
  5. hookerdj

hookerdj New Member

i am using 5057 cyanogen i was using bekit 7 slot 1ghz and my temps were constantly around 95 f and about 116 f on websites i thought that was too high so i started using p3droids kernel 1100 and my battery is already showing signs of improvement and my phone is running about 12-17 degrees cooler i was on the internet for 25 minutes and my highest clocked temp was 103 i guess everyones fones are different. Try each kernel out till you find one that works for you.
  6. machineheadg2r

machineheadg2r New Member

these chips are very finicky. gotta test them all to see what works best for you. I had an overheating issue with one of the kernels.