Which ROM do you think is the best for the DroidX?

mcp770

Reaction score
I prefer zombiestomped for speed and long battery life on my phone personally. Every phone is different so I would suggest trying all that interest you then pick your own favorite.

OP
D

DDUB1520

Reaction score
Is it mainly blur or blurless?

Sent from a hacked Droid X on an unknown ROM

mcp770

Reaction score
Its blur with tweaks and bloat gone. Honestly runs better than the best blurless 340 rom. I tried apex and liberty but with the same old aosp apps as on 340 I felt like I was just running an old rom with the same green icons and crap. Zombie actually feels new.

Halfie

Reaction score
I'd use it if I actually liked the themes. Can't stand them.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

aburtson

Reaction score
If you're desperate for AOSP-esque Gingerbread like I am, I highly recommend Apex 2.0 Beta. Outstanding job by Fabolous.

bond32

Reaction score
Its blur with tweaks and bloat gone. Honestly runs better than the best blurless 340 rom. I tried apex and liberty but with the same old aosp apps as on 340 I felt like I was just running an old rom with the same green icons and crap. Zombie actually feels new.

This. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Antob125

Reaction score

What does AOSP mean and what does blur and blurless mean??

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score

What does AOSP mean and what does blur and blurless mean??

AOSP =android open source project
Blur is motorola's "rom " for lack of a better word. It includes a launcher
Blurless is a rom that has been stripped of blur and usually is using aosp built apps. Personally, i like blurless, but im still on froyo and its really personal preference.

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

Desicrator

Reaction score
I really like liberty for the scripts that are built in to it in the liberty toolbox, just makes things easier, but I think I might try out ZombieStomped, and I really wanna try the new Apex, especially since apex RC2 got me to love Tinkering with my phone.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes zombie looks good. I need to get on gb first and i think ill try it out

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz