1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Which ROM do You Prefer (Part 2)?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by b-jammin21, Dec 8, 2010.

1. b-jammin21

b-jammin21 New Member

Hey everyone!

This is another poll I am starting based on the poll I created when I first rooted my D1. I'm looking to add more variety to the poll, so I've added every ROM I could find/think of. If there is one missing that you like most, feel free to add it in your comment. By the way, I haven't used the majority of these ROMs, so forgive me if I made any mistakes.

FYI. Before I get the lecture about "best" being subjective and it really depends on the phone or your own opinion and bla bla bla, I don't really care. I KNOW. I am just curious to know which ROMs people use the most and which ones people like the best. So don't be a Buzzkillington.

With that said, which ROM do you prefer?dancedroid
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  2. elucid

elucid New Member

UD is the best i've tried. I'm probably only tried only a third of those. BD always keeps his roms up to date with ungodly frequent updates. Roms are fast, smmooth, and just LOADED with tweaks.

BTW, some of those are themes and not ROMS.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  3. thexxoffspring

thexxoffspring New Member

You're probably referring to smoked glass, smoked glass is Adamz rom. Oh and MIUI and UD are the best on the list.
  4. neccoguy21

neccoguy21 New Member

has UD really gotten that great lately, or is it just UD fans flocking to this poll cause it was created by a UD dev? (it was, right?) I was pretty sure Cyanogenmod was so late on releasing their builds because they run through it with the finest tooth comb they can find before releasing. For me, the latest Cyanogen mod build has been the most reliable yet, with the most user interface tweeks i've seen in any rom. What is UD doing lately to get me to think about, (*GAG*), wiping my phone yet again to load a new source rom?
  5. regkilla

regkilla New Member

Ultimate Droid 2.4.0 rom
  6. bdub33

bdub33 New Member

I only use ultimate droid.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  7. tareq

tareq New Member

Shadow rom, and I say that after I try all the big dogs out there, UD is good but battery life with SR is crazy..

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  8. nateccnn

nateccnn Member

Stock Motorola ROM. No themes. OCed with Petes standard volt 1000. Do I get a vote?

Nate
  9. b-jammin21

b-jammin21 New Member

I am most DEFINITLEY NOT a UD developer. As a matter of fact, I'm not any kind of developer besides a web developer. Where did your assumption come from? Certainly not from facts... I am just an Android/Motorola OG Droid fan that loves his phone, loves being rooted, and loves technology. Simply put, I'm just an ordinary person.

People like UD because of the many tweaks and customizations it offers, as well as the many relatively quick updates. If you think that CM offers a lot of tweaks, give UD a try. See how you like it. I, personally, have found it to be the best for my phone and my own personal needs.

However, I have put my bias aside to see what others think. That's my main purpose for this poll, is just an objective view at data collected based on user opinion.

And yes, Nate, your vote counts :biggrin: I apologize for not adding it to the poll.

Sent from my Droid using my Droid
  10. hoppermi

hoppermi New Member

MIUI - over 35 themes applicable by an integrated theme manager regardless of build or device (with more being added daily). It crushes. dancedroid

When it comes out of beta, look out.:eek:hmy:
  11. DankDroid

DankDroid New Member

miui has been my choice since zen came out it is way different then aqnything else I've seen. I have tried others and they r great but I always come back to miui
  12. shdwjackal

shdwjackal New Member

Hmmm. No option for stock ROMs? LOL I prefer just having a stock ROM with root and the ability tweak the phone how I want. Currently using the MetickOne Stock ROM (deodexed.) It's perfect.
  13. b-jammin21

b-jammin21 New Member

Wow. Its nice to see that the results are fairly spread across the board.

Once again, I apologize for not adding stock roms.

Sent from my Droid using my Droid