Which ROM best for Droid now?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by Agrajag, May 19, 2011.

1. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Silver Member

Ratings:
    +65
    project elite v6 no complaints

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

2. bullswife98

bullswife98 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    With ChevyNo1 's latest version along with the patches all those issues have been a resolved, but that's just my Droid1 's preference, his builds seem to run awesome on it. Gotta go with what the phone likes. And the customization options are sweet the best of both worlds, stability/performance and personalizing.

ROOTED: OG Droid1, Rzrecovery2.0.3
    ROM: Simply Stunning v5.4
    KERNAL: ChevyNo1 lv1.0
    THEME: B- boy's Fuster Cluck with animated matrix statusbar

3. bruther17

bruther17 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the exact same setup, except I have the LV 250-1000 kernel. The v6 supercharger is great! This combination is by far the fastest and most stable ROM I have ever flashed. +1!

4. ludeawakening

ludeawakening New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The thing is, "which ROM" is an impossible question to answer really. It all depends on the individual and how they want the phone to look and perform. Two people can have the same exact phone, running the same exact setup, and one of the phones could run like crap. I'm running LGB v2.0 with Chevy1 LV 1100 Kernel and BLIZZARD theme by B-boy. It's by far the best ROM I've used, but it might not run the same on another phone. I love the idea of trial and error on finding my own preferences. :)

5. Agrajag

Agrajag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As a tech QA guy I'd really love to know more about this as it makes little, if any, sense. I come from the PC world where virtually every setup is unique and yet we can depend on certain givens. Why would phones that are 100% the same perform so differently if everything on them is 100% the same? It suggests that what we're missing is that they simply aren't set up the same. Are people saying tolerances with phones are so poor that all of them are essentially unique?

6. bullswife98

bullswife98 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    + 1,That is a very good question I also would like to know.

ROOTED: OG Droid1, Rzrecovery2.0.3
    ROM: Simply Stunning v5.4
    KERNAL: ChevyNo1 lv1.0
    THEME: B- boy's Fuster Cluck with animated matrix statusbar

7. sbenson

sbenson Silver Member

Ratings:
    +61
    Tolerances are not necessarily poor, its just that each og droid has a little different hardware under the hood and each behave a bit differently. Some cpu's can handle certain kernels, others can't. That's my main gripe with the droid. Especially when someone say X rom is great, I try it out and it sucks on my phone. The trial and error never ends :)

8. tee00max

tee00max Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im just looking for a GB ROM that has all the features and no problems, im tired of jumping around ROMS and updating to new ROM releases with the same errors. I just want a stable GB ROM w/ good battery life.

9. ludeawakening

ludeawakening New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well Agrajag, as a tech guy and IT support for Pepsi Global, it makes complete if not perfect sense to me. It also makes sense to many other members in these forums. Just like in my case, we have problems with routers all the time at work. You have two identical Buffalo routers new out of the box, but only one will connect without extensive programming. The same goes for phones or any other type of electronics. Two people can be running the same setup on identical phones, but one of the phones will behave differently. Some phones will not even work properly at all on several complete wipes and clean flashes of a ROM. Yet someone can follow the same steps to the T on a single flash, and the phone work flawlessly. No matter how alike hardware is, it will not always react the same under certain conditions. If you would like to do the research to find out why this happens then be my guest. It will be like looking for a needle that never existed in the haystack to start with.

10. ludeawakening

ludeawakening New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Like me and sbenson has stated, trial and error is the only way you'll find the perfect ROM that will work perfectly on your phone. Just don't give up because there will be one out there that you will love.

11. bruther17

bruther17 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would reccomend Project Elite or Liquid Gingerbread. PE is a tad bit faster IMO than LGB, but LGB has the best set of options I've ever seen.

12. Agrajag

Agrajag Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In most cases when one encounters a router the reacts the way you describe a vast majority of people will return it until they get one that behaves as expected/designed. If this is so common then why aren't router threads full of comments like we see here?

The Droid not being identical as suggested above makes the most sense of all and someone today reminded me that the easiest reminder of that was simply the different keyboards on some models. Perhaps others have slightly different builds of CPU, memory, etc.

My point is, if that's the case then we're really dealing with a myriad of variable product lines all under the same name.

As I said, anyone who encounters the types of issues you mention is dealing with what most people would call defective hardware and would be well within their rights and expectations to return it.

Search tags for this page
best custom rom for orginial droid

best custom rom for original droid

best rom for original droid

custom rom for original droid
original droid best rom
original droid rom