Which ROM and why (for those who have tried multiple)

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by jhietter, Apr 10, 2010.

1. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have used them all and it all comes down to Cyanogen / Koush

Most roms are from this source tree as well...... some give credit, some don't and try to hide it....

I like the fact that it's created by the top developers in the android arena.

2. R1Lover

R1Lover Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The cell standby issue was resolved already.... just use the latest version 5.0.5.7

3. jacobrv

jacobrv Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For me it's just kinda flavor of the week. I started with Smoked Glass, then switched to Bugless Beast, and now I'm on Ultimate Droid. Smoked Glass was a bit buggy at first, but got better. The only reason I switched to BB was because I had done so much that I wanted a fresh install, and BB had Bugless in the name so I figured why not. And then, the only reason I went to UD was because I wanted to go to a full 2.1 built off the ese83 or whatever it is, and I wasn't quite sure what was going on with BB. I never had problems with BB, I just wasn't clear on what exactly the newer releases included.

4. cruzhm

cruzhm New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ultimate Droid 9.x.x.x

I like UD much better than the rest. It allowed for more customization and ran smoother. Bugless was solid also. Cyanogen was the bugiest for me. It always suffered from lag and poor battery life. The OC kernals made it even flakier when installed.

5. bacalao

bacalao Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was on Bugless for the longest time and liked it, but then I wanted the live wallpapers. Figured I would try out the ROMs made by the genius that made the kernel I was using, Simply Stunning. I always come back to it after straying. Usually if I can use the ROM for a whole week, I send beer money. And these guys are good and should have plenty of beer!
    Liked the look of UD 9.8, but didn't feel as snappy and had some freezing and FCs.
    Cyanmod, didn't realize this one was involved and I didn't give it enough time to really give it a shot. Guess I was lazy that day..
    I'm definitely gonna try some more, really see if there is something cool but for now, Chevy has been on fire with his ROMs.

6. gottaDROID

gottaDROID Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also running UD 9.8.0 and have the battery% in my notification bar. I install the blue nextheme and then I saw it.

I rooted bout a month ago and started with UD 7.8. It was stable and I love anything with smoked glass themes. Since then I tried CM and didn't like it. It seemed buggy and slow. I am still a fan of JRummy's roms. I got turned on by the blue themes. Now I'm back with UD 9.8.0 and have never been more satisfied. It's stable, fast, and it has a lot of options. Overall it comes down to the user and what they like.

7. Darkseider

Darkseider Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I voted BB. I have tried a slew of ROMs and every time I kept going back to BB. Its' stability and features. I have yet to update to BB .9 simply because I am so damned happy with .7!

8. geezman

geezman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    BB, for me it's because of the stability. Stability trumps all.

9. actngrezy

actngrezy Active Member
    Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    I got my phone the week bbv9 was released. installed it and havent looked back since. I have'nt had any issues at all and have ran numerous update.zip...I had 2 f.c's since installing it and that was installed like the first week in march or so.
    I would like to try some new roms just to see but im a bit nervous of flashing new ones and havign issues. Always nervous about breaking phone i guess but def addicted to roms/themes/flashing lol.
    I would say people just become comfortable with something that runs good and tend to stick with what runs good for you and yoru phone

10. bradl3y

bradl3y Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i chose BB because its simple especially when it comes to choosing sprecovery over clockwork.

11. bL33d

bL33d Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use nexbeast 0.9 which is based off bugless beast 0.9 i was useing ese81 based nexthemed rom but feel this rom is faster and i am useing p3droids kernel and have wifi tether and usb tether.

Rom is fast and comes stock with the best theme imo so i love it :icon_ banana:
    been useing it for over a month :icon_eek: i have still flashed other roms but i go right back to this one.

12. chris420o

chris420o Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I used to us bb when I first began to flash roms and did for a while mainly bc it was the most popular...but from what I read pete...although an advid fan not critisizing at all...isn't a pure dev like blackdroid or koush...I switched over to ud and haven't looked back...ud v10 is lightyears ahead of bb it runs smoother and faster n more stable than anything I've seen even with 3d launcher(except when u use a high mg lwp it slows down noticable which I hate)...plus bd is very responsive and active in his threads...again its personal prefrence all these are good guys n deserve a lil donation for their hard work n I believe every droid is dif n some roms...like kernals...are better for some than others

Search tags for this page

cyandroidmod.com