Which phones can I buy with stock Android

apastuszak

Reaction score
With the Droid 2 probably getting the Motoblur that the Droid X has, what possible phone can I buy from Verizon that will have stock Android 2.2?

Philba

Reaction score
neither the motorola nor HTC offerings come with stock android. I think you'll have to root a phone to get that.

OP
A

apastuszak

Reaction score
That laves Moto out...

neither the motorola nor HTC offerings come with stock android. I think you'll have to root a phone to get that.

With this new Motorola encrypted boot loader, you won't be putting custom ROMs on a Droid X or Droid 2 any time soon.

I guess HTC is the way to go then..

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
from what i've read, samsung galaxy s type phones come with touchwiz 3.0 but you can choose not to use it. Also, you can have custom roms on them.

I could be wrong, but from what i've read, if i had to upgrade my droid, i'd probably wait for the samsung one to come out.

JimmyD

Reaction score

Googleaddict

Reaction score

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Droid. The original.

DROID.

There will be Droid 2, but there isn't a Droid 1, it's just Droid :)

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
With 3.0 going to revamp the android interfaces, phone companies will no longer have to make their own custom UIs to make it look better. If you want to wait for another stock phone, you will probably have to wait till then or buy the origional Motorola Droid.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

KungFuGeek

Reaction score
doubt 3.0 is going to stop the UI overlay that companies insist on.

Motorola, HTC, samsung, etc want to have a reason to keep you on their brand. if every brand was stock gingerbread, what is to keep you to stay with motorola and not go over to samsung when they come out with the next fastest phone?

How many of you know somebody that loves SenseUI and is used to it? well there are also people that like motoblur (doubt they are ever here though). The companies are trying to implement vendor lock.