Which phone will work in Europe?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by CharlestonAgent75, Feb 11, 2013.

1. CharlestonAgent75

CharlestonAgent75 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    DO I need a specific phone in Europe to work , unlocked or gsm how do I do this before I go? I will be there for 6 months but will be back in US and need a phone to work in both areas.

2. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Of Verizon's currently available Android phones, the following have working GSM capabilities, and all come SIM unlocked right out of the box from Verizon:

Droid 4, Droid DNA, Droid Incredible 4G, Droid RAZR HD, Droid RAZR MAXX HD, Droid RAZR M, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Stratosphere II, LG Spectrum 2

You can use any of those phones with Verizon's SIM card and pay extremely high international roaming fees (or add a pricey international roaming plan to your monthly bill), or you can use them with a foreign SIM from the country (or countries) you'll be in.

Some of Verizon's older 3G-only phones have GSM capabilities (such as the Droid 2 Global, Droid 3, Droid Pro, Droid Incredible 2), but if you want to use a foreign SIM card, you'll need to contact Verizon to get the SIM slot unlocked.

Search tags for this page
does galaxy s5 work in europe

does my samsung s4 work in italy

does samsung galaxy s4 work in europe
does samsung s4 work in europe
does verizon galaxy s3 work in europe
samsung galaxy s5 verizon use in europe
using galaxy s4 in europe
verizon phone in europe
will galaxy s4 work in europe
will my verizon galaxy note 3 work in europe