Which phone? Switching from iPhone.

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by dcmem, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dcmem

dcmem New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey forum.

My iPhone att contract is set to expire next month, and I think I've decided to switch over to an android phone from Verizon.

Trying to decide between Incredible 2 and Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt seems a little bulkier, to be 50 bucks more, and have a shorter battery life. Any advice would be appreciated.

I was also wondering if there was a simple android orientation post anywhere?

Gracias

DC

2. badbeat33

badbeat33 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you live in a 4G area I would definitely go with the tbolt. If not I'd still say the tbolt but then it would be close. I live in a 4G area and cannot stand it when I am in a 3g only area! It really is a huge difference. Good luck with your decision. Both are great phones.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

3. Al Neri

Al Neri Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the bionic is just around the corner, though I do keep reading conflicting info.

4. matt2783

matt2783 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I doubt it'll be here for at least a month.

OP- It's really a matter of what is important to you... If a high speed connection is importatant, or you think you're going to want to root/flash roms, the TB is probably the way to go.

If you want something a little more pocketable, (the TB will look huge compared to an iphone) good battery life then you should probably go for the Inc2.

5. Droid noob

Droid noob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The Dinc2 is the thunderbolt without 4g and slightly smaller screen. I have 4g in my area but opted for the Dinc2 because of all the issues reported. I've been reading a lot of people are turning their 4g off to conserve their battery. If I were you I would try the bolt first and see if you can live with battery life, etc..... I understand you have 14 days to swap it for something else. Dinc2 is a solid phone out of the box. Just look at both forums and you can tell which is more reliable.

Sent 2 u via Incredible 2

6. jegonzo3

jegonzo3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm kind of in the same boat, my contract has been up since the end of February and I'm kind of waiting for the Bionic to come out. Yes, I have an iPhone and I'm just tired of it and want to go to an Android phone.

I've thought about the Tbolt, but when I heard about the battery life, that kind of turned me off.

7. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

considerations when changing from iphone to droid phone

i cannot decide on a droid phone or an iphone 2013

thining of switching from iphone to droid

what is the next great 7/2013 phone from verizon i am tired