Which Phone is King of the Hill?

Reaction score
I'm interested in purchasing a new phone, because my old Droid 2 isn't cutting it anymore :icon_ cry: I want to get one of the better phones out there and was wondering what the best Verizon phone is currently. I'm looking for something that either has ICS or is hopefully getting it soon, and also is just an awesome phone hardware wise. I was looking at the Razr Maxx and that looks promising. After my Droid 2, and using the Droid 3, I'm not sure how I feel about the Droid 4. Please tell me if it's better. The Galaxy Nexus is still in the competition because I love that pure Android feel, along with ICS being very impressive. I would prefer a decent camera, and one that's hopefully a large step up from the Droid 2's. I'd love to get some feedback from you guys!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ok it depends on who comes here .. its going to be personal preference. GO to VZW play with them all. pick one . the top phones at VZW will eventually get ICS-- ( Bionic,Razr,Rezound,D4). what features do you want ? keyboard? HDMI out. Lapdocks ( moto phones) etc..

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Razr Maxx or the Galaxy SIII. Beware of the Galaxy Nexus. It has a bad rap for reception

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
Go with the Razr Maxx. Its has the best camera moto has put out yet and well the battery speaks for itself. I had bad luck with the GNex and the camera was horrible on ALL of them. As far as the Droid4, my friend has one and I dont care for the feel of it (compared to my orginal Droid and D3)

The keyboards you can get on the market now make it so easy to find one you like so you no longer need the physical keyboard anymore. (trust me on this one. LOL)

Go spend a bit of time in the store and see which one you feel most comfortable with. Good luck!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Again no love for the Rezound? You mentioned a good camera. The Rezound has the best on VZ bar none. Best screen too. True HD display. Very few issues. Great radios and the bootloader can be unlocked so it can be rooted. And it's one of the next phones to get ics. Probably before the Razr or Maxx.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
LoudRam said:
Again no love for the Rezound? You mentioned a good camera. The Rezound has the best on VZ bar none. Best screen too. True HD display. Very few issues. Great radios and the bootloader can be unlocked so it can be rooted. And it's one of the next phones to get ics. Probably before the Razr or Maxx.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

I would agree about the camera. My camera is horrible. My GNex camera was better.

I sure hope we get ICS soon on the Maxx.

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
My g'nex is firing on all cylinders and I have had no reception issues. My camera is far better then my two friends who have razors. Its seriously night and day. One thing about camera's you'll learn is megapixels don't mean everything. The razor maxx though has the best battery out. The resound is also a rock solid phone from what I've seen.

B

bens42608

RAZR maxx or bionic if you prefer removable batteries like me

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
bens42608 said:
RAZR maxx or bionic if you prefer removable batteries like me

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

No removable battery on the Maxx

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Best straight out of the box and best battery life: RAZR MAXX.

Best for rooting and ROM'ing: Galaxy Nexus.

Best camera and value: Rezound.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
zomnomnombie said:
Best straight out of the box and best battery life: RAZR MAXX.

Best for rooting and ROM'ing: Galaxy Nexus.

Best camera and value: Rezound.

I completely agree. Well put.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Zero issues with my G'Nex. I know two people with the Rezound. Both are very happy. Battery life appears to be better than my G'nex. In my opinion, the only problem with the Rezound and Razr Maxx is no NFC. Google Wallet is convenient. I've also beamed quite a few contacts through NFC. I'll be upgrading the wife's G'Nex to the Galaxy SIII before the impending Data Share nightmare. The SIII has NFC. Once the Iphone 5 comes out with NFC I anticipate a much higher adoption rate. I hate QR codes. It takes time to open an app and focus a camera. NFC just works regardless of light.

OP
TheSavageSquid
Reaction score
Rezound looks promising, and I do shoot a lot of photos and videos. Plus I have a fancy for the over all style of HTC phones, look, feel, UI, pretty much everything. Battery life is important but it's not my top priority, and I can absolutely do without the physical keyboard.

Can anyone speak up for the ROMs on the Rezound. I don't know anyone with one, nonetheless a rooted one running a ROM. If they're all getting ICS then I'll definitely consider them all. I've heard that the Maxx has a disappointing camera, and that's a little bit of a draw back for me. If the Rezound has decent ROMs (Anything as good as Liberty on the D2) then that's a sell for me. If not I think I'll get that phone because reguardless I'll root it and still have fun with ICS when it comes out. I'm also interested in if the Rezound has a removable battery?

I'm looking at the GSIII right now and that also looks wicked sick.