Which OC kernel should i use??

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by meishkov, Mar 12, 2010.

1. meishkov

meishkov New Member

I'm running smoked glass 5 rom. I came from droidmod. I plan on switching back to droidmod and just using the smoked glass theme. Which one of ChevyNo1's overclocking kernels should I use with Droidmod?? A 5-slot one I know, but does it matter? I heard that Chevy's kernels only work for 2.1 roms, but other people said they're running the 1.2 kernel on droidmod, which is a 2.0.1 rom. Someone please shed some light on this please
  2. prowakeskater

prowakeskater New Member

i would also like to know this information.... my DM phone running hexfusion is getting a little hot! ****s weak.
  3. stead2120

stead2120 New Member

Alright dude, I'm using BB 2.1 with Chevy using 10 slots, it works flawless. I've used both kernels and I used Adamz with 2.01, I didn't have any issues, but with 2.1 I'm using Chevy 10 slot. BTW always use nandroid dude when installing roms, I find it a lot more stable than just doing an update.zip
  4. mrdroid

mrdroid New Member

Use the update.zip if you're upgrading to a new revision of your current ROM. For example going from BB v.7 to v.8. The update.zip is easier. That's basically what it was designed for.
    And I agree, the BuglessBeast w/Chevy kernals is the best combo available right now.

If you're installing DroidMod just run it as it's installed with the packaged kernal. DroidMod ran VERY hot for me which encouraged me to start trying 2.1 ROMs.
  5. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

No offense but this is about as useless as asking 'what ROM I should use.' Everyone is going to give you their opinion and they all mean little to nothing. Just like with the ROMs it comes down to personal preference and, at least in part your own hardware. For my phone Chevy's don't work well but lots of people use them with no problem. AdamZ have be flawless on mine. Here's what I currently use it will let you switch between kernels easily until you find the one you like:
    [Release] Smoked Glass Boot *Updated 03/08* (ALL Builds/Voltages - 42 Kernels))

In regards for the 5-slot... as Chevy posts on his on thread(s) there is no reason not to use a 10-slot... Although Taz went and stirred up the pot with the 'possibility' that more that 5-slots BS there has been NO evidence to support this and most kernel develops have said the same thing. Chevy is, and unless recently changed has always run a 10-slot and he's undoubtedly pushing his phone more than the average user.
Search tags for this page
best oc kernel for verizon galaxy 1535
dameion oc kernel
hot to determine which kernel to use on viperones rom
oc kernel android

oc kernel for pa 3.97 android