which music player?

prototype715

Reaction score
I have both the pre installed music player and double twist. neither seem to give me that ipod quality when it comes to continuous loops. I used to use my ipod to play drum loops or metronome well I would play bass. but both media players seem to stutter when looping the track. is there another better media player to use?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

KazuoX

Reaction score
I have both the pre installed music player and double twist. neither seem to give me that ipod quality when it comes to continuous loops. I used to use my ipod to play drum loops or metronome well I would play bass. but both media players seem to stutter when looping the track. is there another better media player to use?

I'm not sure if it'll fit you needs, but you could try WinAmp. I tried Doubletwist and didn't like it too much, but WinAmp seems to suit my needs perfectly and it's one of the few popular media players on the platform.

Here's the QR:
chart

OP
prototype715

prototype715

Reaction score
one follow up question...does it stutter a half beat when you loop a single track? That's the functionality I need.

garywojdan81

Reaction score
You might want to check what apps/widgets you have running. There's a thread at xda about the polling of some battery widgets causing skips during playback.

OP
prototype715

prototype715

Reaction score
I am running a battery monitor program. I'll get rid of it and let you know. Thanks for the tip.

kcadrenalin

Reaction score
Out of all the music players I have tried (basically all of them) PowerAmp is hands down the best in my opinion.

garywojdan81

Reaction score
I've had the best sound & performance from the stock app. I did try winamp, doubletwist, miui & poweramp; all were ok, but the best sound and best battery usage is from the stock player.

OP
prototype715

prototype715

Reaction score
Deleted battery monitor. Slight change but the loop still isn't seemless. That slight stutter is driving me bananas. Would switch back to an ipod but it got stolen. Shouldn't have these annoyances with a 400 dollar "smart" device.

viperrt74

Reaction score
I have tried mostly all the music players also but the one with the most functionality is playerpro. It is a paid app but def. worth the money.

bluevolume

Reaction score
Deleted battery monitor. Slight change but the loop still isn't seemless. That slight stutter is driving me bananas. Would switch back to an ipod but it got stolen. Shouldn't have these annoyances with a 400 dollar "smart" device.

Apples and oranges, dude. A multi-function device like a SmartPhone isn't always going to be on-par with every specialized device out there.