Which launcher are you using

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have tried Home++, Sense, ADW, and LP+. LP+ has worked like a charm for me, and haven't really even wanted to try something else. I have downloaded Go Launcher to try it out, but haven't done anything with it yet.

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
I never really liked golauncher much

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

REMilk

Reaction score
I am on a Droid 1 with the latest Android OS, rooted, but with no custom ROM.

The 'best' launcher argument seems to be cyclical as the developers each try to one-up the competition. In addition, each individual's idea of best launcher is based on their device and how they use the device. I say device as this now extends from Android phones to tablets.

No launcher is perfect for everyone. About every two months, I try to re-test each launcher to see which works best for me. I test by loading up each launcher so that each is as close to the same number of apps and widgets, then I try to use it for a couple of days. Remember, to search the app market because every so often there may be a totally new idea, such as recently introduced "Regina" launcher; I like it's 3D aspect, but for me it still needs a few things. Try it, Regina may be perfect for you.

At this time, Go Launcher EX is working best for me. I have virtually no FCs or slowdowns and it is responsive and by adding a few widgets I have what I need. My preference has been Launcher Pro with its built-in widgets, but right now I am experiencing FCs and slowdowns with it, even after entering the terminal command. I am looking forward to trying the the re-written version when it appears.

This is my opinion, most likely yours will vary.

OP
doublea500

doublea500

Reaction score
this is what i think about launchers. im looking for one that has a few good features, is stable, quick, and can last a long time. and one that has basic features that i like (dock...). the problem with changing launchers is setting the new one up. i think thats what keeps me from actually making the change

Natey2

Reaction score
Anyone noticed the latest LP 0.8.5 needs permission to modify Gmail?
Previous version 0.8.3 only needed to read Gmail.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

Last edited:

martin smith

Reaction score
I have been an avid LP user since it dropped and this latest update seems to have it running very smooth thus far.

Hyposprayer

Reaction score
Doesn't LP eat battery? I've looked at GO Launcher but I'm hesitant. I used to have so many FCs with LP and such on my Eris. Do any of these launchers actually improve battery life or system performance? So far the only benefit I can see from using a different launcher is cosmetic.

REMilk

Reaction score
Check the Sunc Interval for LP Widgets

Doesn't LP eat battery? I've looked at GO Launcher but I'm hesitant. I used to have so many FCs with LP and such on my Eris. Do any of these launchers actually improve battery life or system performance? So far the only benefit I can see from using a different launcher is cosmetic.

I think your poor battery life with LP is do the the default 15 minute sync interval for the LP widgets. When I changed these to every 3 hours, my battery life improved.

Bob

Beardface

Reaction score
Just switched over to GO Launcher. I really like the i*hone style folder icons that show the first 4 apps in the folder... if I could only switch that over to LPP then I would use LPP. Trying this out for now though.
Download Folder Organizer in the Market... It allows you to do just that and apply those folders to any launcher you are using.

As for me... Using LP on my Bolt. Working flawlessly.

armeddroid

Reaction score
LPP for me.
Go launcher is nice, tho but LPP has now widget themes. That just took it to the next level. I really liked ADW LAUNCHER EX hidden dock but Ander Web has been so busy working on ADW EX 2 and that beta version is now available on XDA.
:)