Which kernel?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by xxxxsh4d0wxxxx, Jun 28, 2010.

1. xxxxsh4d0wxxxx

xxxxsh4d0wxxxx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I just rooted last night. I had Android 2.1 so to get root access I followed this guide that uses stock 2.1, however, it lets you root.

Basically I want to overclock to the highest I possibly can while remaining stable, which is like what?.. 1.3GHz?

I want to stay stock though, I want my stock 2.1, but I want to overclock.. I hope this makes sense. I do not want some fancy ass ROM or any of that stuff.

What must I do for this?

2. razorseal

razorseal Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Root your droid, install rom manager flash clockwork from it download setcpu and install your choice of kernel that supports 1.3 ghz.

3. beanx

beanx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    good luck getting your droid to run stable at 1.3ghz. 1.2 is the max i can run, but it will crash under heavy loads like games and what not. I usually leave it at 1.2ghz for normal use and down clock it to 1ghz or 1.1 for gaming for stability

4. ZBoater

ZBoater Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I ran both Bekits and Chevy's 1.2GHz kernel, and they would work until I ran the Quadrant benchmarking app. My Droid would reboot. Not all Droids like being more than doubled their original speed. I am running Chevy's 1GHz Low Voltage kernel with the Ultimate Droid Froyo eXtreme 1.5.0 ROM and got a 1243 Quadrant score, which is not shabby. UD's ROM has a built in OC kernel to go to 800MHz. Honestly Froyo is so snappy I can't tell the difference between 800MHz and 1GHz unless I run a benchmark app. No need to stress your Droid unless you can actually feel a difference.