1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Which kernel speed should I run?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Cohen, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Cohen

Cohen New Member

Hey guys,

I just got into installing custom kernels yesterday, and I am already loving it! I first installed the 1.25 ghz ulv kernel, and got a few freezes, so I established that my phone could not handle that kernel, so I updated to the 1.25 ghz lv kernel. My question is do you guys recommend moving the speed down to say 1.1 ghz, 1 ghz, or even 800 mhz to save battery life? Is it very noticeable when you move down a bit? Everything I am going to have to use is lv because I could not handle the ulv 1.25 ghz kernel. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks guys!
  2. Cohen

Cohen New Member

And I am running the LGB 1.92 rom, just in case.
  3. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I'm running at 1200mhz, however for some reason, my phone can handle it. I would suggest either 1100 or 1000 for you since you already had freezes at 1200. I usually set my Max at 1200 and my Min at 250 then use the MinMax governor. I have both a stock battery and extended battery, extended battery gets almost 40 hours of life. Stock battery gets about 20.
  4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

My phone runs great at 1.25Ghz. But I keep it at either 800 or 1000 most of the time. If I want to show off for friends, I crank it up to 1.25 and wow them.

Day-to-Day use, I really don't see much difference at the lower speeds. However, the battery and cpu do run cooler and the battery seems to last a little longer. YMMV!!
  5. metalspring

metalspring New Member

Even if ulv doesn't work at 1.25 Ghz give the other ulv kernels a chance...like try out the 1.1 Ghz ulv
    Fyi lower voltage means runs cooler and less battery drain (if you can run it properly...make sure even if a ulv or even lv seems to run, check the battery stats on android os, if its above 20 or 30% you need a lower speed and/or voltage)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

For me, the standard 1.0 LV has worked best, so I have stuck with it. It's different for everyone though!

I have SetCPU using 1000/250 OnDemand until my battery gets to 50%, then I start having more conservative profiles kick in. With the latest kernels, battery life is good enough once again... but I dock/charge mine every night.
  7. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

This is the one I run also ... but as stated - two identical looking phones can have different results!
Search tags for this page

droid 2 chevyno1 speed kernels