1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Which kernel speed should I run?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Cohen, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Cohen

Cohen New Member

Hey guys,

I just got into installing custom kernels yesterday, and I am already loving it! I first installed the 1.25 ghz ulv kernel, and got a few freezes, so I established that my phone could not handle that kernel, so I updated to the 1.25 ghz lv kernel. My question is do you guys recommend moving the speed down to say 1.1 ghz, 1 ghz, or even 800 mhz to save battery life? Is it very noticeable when you move down a bit? Everything I am going to have to use is lv because I could not handle the ulv 1.25 ghz kernel. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks guys!
  2. Cohen

Cohen New Member

And I am running the LGB 1.92 rom, just in case.
  3. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I'm running at 1200mhz, however for some reason, my phone can handle it. I would suggest either 1100 or 1000 for you since you already had freezes at 1200. I usually set my Max at 1200 and my Min at 250 then use the MinMax governor. I have both a stock battery and extended battery, extended battery gets almost 40 hours of life. Stock battery gets about 20.
  4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

My phone runs great at 1.25Ghz. But I keep it at either 800 or 1000 most of the time. If I want to show off for friends, I crank it up to 1.25 and wow them.

Day-to-Day use, I really don't see much difference at the lower speeds. However, the battery and cpu do run cooler and the battery seems to last a little longer. YMMV!!
  5. metalspring

metalspring New Member

Even if ulv doesn't work at 1.25 Ghz give the other ulv kernels a chance...like try out the 1.1 Ghz ulv
    Fyi lower voltage means runs cooler and less battery drain (if you can run it properly...make sure even if a ulv or even lv seems to run, check the battery stats on android os, if its above 20 or 30% you need a lower speed and/or voltage)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. Phreaker47

Phreaker47 Member

For me, the standard 1.0 LV has worked best, so I have stuck with it. It's different for everyone though!

I have SetCPU using 1000/250 OnDemand until my battery gets to 50%, then I start having more conservative profiles kick in. With the latest kernels, battery life is good enough once again... but I dock/charge mine every night.
  7. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

This is the one I run also ... but as stated - two identical looking phones can have different results!
Search tags for this page

droid 2 chevyno1 speed kernels