Which kernel is Your Favorite?

Reaction score
I am currently running the De-sensed DAS_BAMF 1.4 Non-Themed Rom. I would like a few opinions on which kernel I should flash to run quick and smoothly but not kill my battery. I can overclock if need be but its not a must. I know with the rom im supposed to wipe everything but with kernels, its not necessary right?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Drod 1.8GHz FTW!! Even better battery life than stock and quadrants of 2700+ :)
No, you don't need to wipe when flashing a kernel.

This thread has been Thunder struck!

cpjr

Reaction score
Same here +1

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Arachnidus

Reaction score
Drod 1.8GHz FTW!! Even better battery life than stock and quadrants of 2700+ :)
No, you don't need to wipe when flashing a kernel.

Please, direct me to this holy kernel so I may gaze upon it's glory.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
See post #35

Last edited:
OP
powerstrokeit73
Reaction score
Ok. Sweet. Thank you. I got it flashed now. Running smooth. How should I have my settings in setcpu?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have it at 1804/245 on demand. I also have a screen off profile at 368 min and max on demand (245 took too long to wake up)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
No problem. At the top of SetCPU, you'll see a box that says Profiles. One of your options is Screen Off. That's the min and max speed when your screen is off (and why so many swear by SetCPU). It can make a huge difference in battery life.

tu3218

Reaction score
well explained lol...but I will say though, depending on who the kernel is from, sometimes it can be automatically built in to lower the cpu when the screen is off. I believe for adrynalynes newer kernels, this is built in. I had the screen off profile set and I was getting lag while unlocking and the first couple seconds of using my phone. I believe the profile was conflicting with the kernels job to lower the cpu while the screen is off.

OP
powerstrokeit73
Reaction score
OK cool. With the profile should I have it set at 100 priority or does it matter? Also would there be any reason why I am only getting close to 1300 for cpu in quadrant?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
well explained lol...but I will say though, depending on who the kernel is from, sometimes it can be automatically built in to lower the cpu when the screen is off. I believe for adrynalynes newer kernels, this is built in. I had the screen off profile set and I was getting lag while unlocking and the first couple seconds of using my phone. I believe the profile was conflicting with the kernels job to lower the cpu while the screen is off.

Agreed! If you're using the smartass (Haha) governor, you don't really need SetCPU