1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Which kernel is best for bugless beast v.04 with bugless evo theme?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by cr1ck3ty, Aug 19, 2010.

1. cr1ck3ty

cr1ck3ty New Member

very noob question i think? but any suggestions? i've been reading and i see a lot of people like the chevyno1 kernels... but which one is best?!!!!
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

there is no "the best". It's what works best on your phone. Check out P3Droid's (google search) and Chevy's (look in his section). Try a few of different speeds and different voltages.

Good luck.
  3. series70

series70 New Member

I don't run the EVO theme currently, but I have in the past along with a number of other themes, and it worked great with the Chevy Kernel in my signature.

Even though Pete doesn't require it, I run SetCPU at 800 on-demand with the LV 1ghz kernel (just in case I need the extra boost for something). The droid idles at 27-28C with this setup and runs very stable.
  4. McClure

McClure New Member

I'm using Chevy's 1.1 ghz medium voltage kernel with 0.4 and the Evo theme (version 3) and it works just fine.
  5. Dan_08

Dan_08 New Member

Pretty much what everyone else said. Hard part is finding out what your droid can handle. Mine did a little better with P3 1ghz than the Chevy ulv 1ghz.
  6. dparm

dparm New Member

800MHz LV seems to work without problems on 99% of handsets.
  7. series70

series70 New Member

Very true. I've tried just about every ULV kernel and my phone would boot-loop, lockup, stutter, and have just about any performance issue you can think of. Tried a basic LV kernel,zero problems since, and I don't have a freakin clue why it was like that with ULV kernels.