Which is the Best rom to start 2011 off with?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by jessemhess, Dec 27, 2010.

1. iOSh8er

iOSh8er Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 on the MIUI rom. Im running the 12.24.1 with chevyno1's lv 1200 with no issues. I just switched from sourcery, loved the options but I just had too many bugs.

Sent from my D1 using DroidForums App

2. jacobfrazier

jacobfrazier New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To be honest I have tried 3 Roms out and I am a newbie with this stuff but out of the three; Rubix focused 1.9.5, apex 1.3 and Rumm 1.3
    Rumm 1.3 seems to be the coolest it lets you customize your phone the most out of these three by allowing you to change fonts change boot logo and change animations. Along with that it has a built in task killer that you can personally set to whatever mb space you want free at all times. 50 100 150 whichever. Pretty cool :) be careful though back up your stuff I think it might be hard to get the boot logo and animation back to stock im not sure.

Hope this helps and please refrain from calling me names I am new to all this.

3. captaincanada84

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm putting my vote in for Project Elite

4. megawatz

megawatz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd say MIUI in a heart beat if it was stable, but it's not there JUST YET. That's why it's Beta. I love MIUI, but I can't use it for my everyday use of my phone. For instance, answering calls and using the lockscreen. The majority of the time the lockscreen and answer screen become very unresponsive. Some of my calls get missed, and sometimes i have to wait for it to finally scroll down so i can pause my music. It's frustrating. If those worked well, I'd be back on it in a heartbeat. However, for stability purposes, I've switched to UD 2.5.

5. Kryptyk

Kryptyk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ya, after changing from frozen yogurt, to UD and now to sorcery, I would defiantly have to I'm rocking sorcery for a bit. Runs smooth and is very fast, but I also have it running with the slayer 1.2 ulv.

But there are a lot of good roms out there. Just pick one and play with it...dancedroid

6. djj624

djj624 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just went to PE 4.2 from sourcery
    Sourcery was great but have to give props to PE definatly check them out. No problems whatsoever and very smooth.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

7. bullswife98

bullswife98 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I've tried just about all of them, actualy it depends on what your after and what your phone likes. I was using PE v4.1 and that ran ubber smooth good batry life and never ran hot. Then PE released their newset rom(PEv4.2) and WOW!! Very fast all kinds of ui custom tweaks,smooth and very stable. Themes as well. So I would say the PEv4.2 is the rom to start off 2011 with. Truely an amazing rom!
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

8. sid_wisc

sid_wisc Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Debating between Sourcery, PE, UD and MIUI.. I believe that Sourcery is the best in Froyo based ROMs. UD messed it up as soon as it eneterd the GB.. MIUI is a good one with all the features it offers... Only if other ROMS will offer theat features. I like Sourcery the best1!

9. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My vote is for Project Elite 4.x -- it absolutely flies, no lag, no redraws, tons of features and the dev is uber responsive.

And, with respect to what this ^^^^ guy said, I think he's changed his tune: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/actngrezy/118590-wow.html.

10. superblah

superblah Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My vote goes to Liquid's new GB rom

11. nornevrder

nornevrder Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am a newb but I have flashed about 6 different roms and granite they have all their pluses in certain aspects however sourcery to me is the most well rounded rom of them all

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

12. droseum20

droseum20 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I personally am obsessed with the CyanogenMod 7 ROMs, but who knows... that might change tomorrow.

Sent from my Droid running the Gingerbread ROM I chose to use today...

Search tags for this page

best rom com 2011