Which has a better camera- the Inc or the X?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by Lucidpsychosis, Aug 13, 2010.

1. WhosToBlame

WhosToBlame Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry was to lazy to post some videos but found these reviews with pictures and video.

Droid Incredible review -- Engadget

Motorola Droid X review -- Engadget

Also, these reviews are from Engadget so they are a little biased and harsh on reviews. Read but ultimately make your own decision on what best suits your needs. I recommend going to your local Verizon store and check them both out.

2. CCMDOc

CCMDOc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had both the X and the Inc. I returned the X.

regardless of what any of the reviewers have written, though the panoramic view was an excellent option, the fact was for my two examples, the Incredible produced much, not slightly, much sharper photos for exactly the same settings regardless of what I was shooting.

I did not find any difficulty with the Inc focus as some posters have. There was nothing wrong with my X - by itself it took excellent photos. Compared to the Incredible - not as sharp.

The X has some features that are far better than the Inc - BT voice dialing, much better phone quality and, of course bigger brighter, better screen.

But, the OP asked a simple question and the simple answer based upon my own side-by-side comparison is that the Incredible takes and produces better photos. Yes, anyone could have even better photos from a dedicated camera - but I dont always carry a dedicated camera and always carry my phone. When my daughter caught her first fish - the camera was in the car while the phone was on my hip. Phone cameras matter to parents.

BTW - I paid full price for both the X and the Inc - so returning one vs. the other was a matter of which I liked better.

3. RyanPm40

RyanPm40 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +151
    My girlfriend has the X and I have the incredible. Both of us agree that the incredible's shots look better. That is, when you actually focus the camera well enough for it to take a great shot :p. Any quick movement and the picture is garbage, you really have to stand still.

But yeah. Inc camera > X camera