Which file is it?

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by czerdrill, Sep 22, 2010.

1. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I think I've asked this before, either here or on some other forum, but never got a reply. So I'm asking again haha.

On some themes the "background" of the phone's dialpad is not black, but instead has an image there. I know it must be some file in contacts.apk but I have no idea which one it is.

So for any themer, which file controls the dialpad's background image? also what dimensions must that file be so that it takes up the entire space instead of tiling the image. thanks in advance!

2. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It's not an image, it's actually the person's wallpaper. This is done by editing the xml from Theme.Black to Theme.Wallpaper.

3. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    just saw this, thanks for the reply bowers. where is this xml file located? and all i have to do is change it from "theme.black" to "theme.wallpaper" using a hex editor? or is it more complicated then that?

4. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I haven't done this myself for this .apk but it has to have the same principle. You are going to need to use Apk Manager and decompile the .apk. Then the file to look at is Manifest.xml. Look for anything that says style, and then you will see something like Theme, Theme.Light, Theme.Black and the list goes on and on. There will might be more then one in there so you need to take in what is with it.

I could go on forever with this and it is kind of hard to explain. Again I have not done this on Contacts.apk but have done it on Pandora.apk.

5. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Perfect! Thanks figured it our and have a transparent dialer now

6. thebowers

thebowers Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Awesome!!! Maybe some pics to see what you got going on? Also for future purposes for people wanting to know this process. Maybe put what you changed exactly.