Which Extended Battery should I get?

maxwellag

Reaction score
I am going to get a better battery for my d2g. I don't know which one to get. Any suggestions? I would like to spend less than 60$. With a third party battery, will my phone still read the battery level correctly?
Thank You

leobg

Reaction score
I highly recommend you OEM BP7X battery. It was available for $25 at one point. Regular price is 50 shipped overnight, so within budget. My personal advice is to avoid non OEM batteries.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
M

maxwellag

Reaction score
I highly recommend you OEM BP7X battery. It was available for $25 at one point. Regular price is 50 shipped overnight, so within budget. My personal advice is to avoid non OEM batteries.

But the extended battery that verizon and motorola offer is only 1850 mAh.... I need atleast 2000....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

leobg

Reaction score
Those you see here and there like Mugen Seidio etc are all using very "favorable" method to rate their batteries - "battery capacity is 3000 mAh but it can charge up to 80-85% of capacity" which you should read as battery is 2400mAh. Do the math for their 2000mAh batteries of "stock size".
Most non-OEM batteries are usually fake and they can write whatever they want on it, this doesn't mean capacity is as promised. Just google around a bit and you will see what am I talking about.
Also - larger batteries will not be "read" by the phone properly, expect phone to run down rather quickly to 15-10% and stay there for hours.

mr.inter

Reaction score
Those you see here and there like Mugen Seidio etc are all using very "favorable" method to rate their batteries - "battery capacity is 3000 mAh but it can charge up to 80-85% of capacity" which you should read as battery is 2400mAh. Do the math for their 2000mAh batteries of "stock size".
Most non-OEM batteries are usually fake and they can write whatever they want on it, this doesn't mean capacity is as promised. Just google around a bit and you will see what am I talking about.
Also - larger batteries will not be "read" by the phone properly, expect phone to run down rather quickly to 15-10% and stay there for hours.

I have a 3500 mAh extended battery which I had got from eBay for around $12 and it stays stuck at 1% (5% phone level) for hours. I'm now considering the BP7X. Any reviews on it please?

biknut1

Reaction score
I am going to get a better battery for my d2g. I don't know which one to get. Any suggestions? I would like to spend less than 60$. With a third party battery, will my phone still read the battery level correctly?
Thank You

I have had the Gorilla Gadgets 3500 (they claim) since April, and I love it. It does stick out the back quite a bit so docks won't work with your phone. The battery meter will not work correctly with it either. But I installed Battery Pro Plus and use it to gauge. I'm not sure it is accurate either, but my phone lasts for hours with it. I left home before 4pm for work today, used the phone on my breaks. Talked to my wife for 40 minutes during lunch. Was still at 71% (according to BattProPlus) when I came home at 3:30.

In the beginning I was also fixated on an accurate battery reading. But now that I can make it through the day with no problems, I just use BPP to give me an estimate. If the phone works when I want it to, the accuracy of the battery is not that important to me.

Give this battery your consideration. When I bought mine, it was $25. It was shipped from CA to KY- no rush, no overnight, no nothing extra- and it came here in 2 days!