Which Droid?

Dullblade

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the forums, but wanted to try to get some advice.

I am pretty fed up with my service from AT&T. I currently have 2 iphones on a shared plan, and pay about $150 per monthy after my company discount. Since I live in the boonies, I get lousy reception. I guess I am that 3% that AT&T doesn't want you to know about.

I also have a Verizon MIFI that I plug into my Cradlepoint MBR1200 to serve as my internet connection for all of my PCs. I pay $60 per month for this, but due to my recent usage, last month I had to pay $129, due to my usage. I try to stay on top of my usage after going over last month, but I'm not too good at it. In fact, right now I am about 4800/5100, with 4 more days of servive left.

I love my iphones, but hate my network just as much. In fact, I'm not even on AT&Ts data tower, cuz now, my phone just says "Off Network", because of poor connection at my house.

So, I have decided to switch to Verizon or Sprint. I will be able to get a company discount of my plan, so I can anticpate about a 20%+ discount.

But I would be looking to dump my AT&T as well as my Verizon MiFi, for something that actually gave me unlimited.

I've been thinking about the Droid X, Droid Incredible, or the HTC EVO.

Do I really need the data plans with all phones? My thought was that I would get 3 phones, and utilize one of them as my dedicate network for my home network, in place of my mifi.

About how much would I be looking to spend (total & monthly) for all 3 (2 that are alike, and another used just for some sort of network