Which Droid should I buy?

infinity8x3

Reaction score
That's like us telling what your favorite color should be.

What are you looking for out of the phone that will make answering this heaps easier.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
First of all....... Welcome to the forums.

As to your question about which droid to get...... well your list of what you are looking for is covered pretty good with any of the droids. However, I recently read here on the forums that the Droid X has the best battery life. Now if you need an actual keyboard then I would recommend the Droid 2 but if you like and can live with the virtual keyboard then I would go with the Droid X. Either Droid will serve you well. I would suggest you go to Verizon and hold each of them and look them over. Chances are that you will find one is more to your liking than the other....

twi513

Reaction score
Don't discount the original droid. My droid running at 1.1Ghz with Ultimate Droid 7 is running like butter, I'm not even sure I would change phones if I could for free.

OP
B

BombSquad91

Reaction score
I got the Droid Incredible. It's totally a whole new world. My last phone was a Samsung Rogue. I also ordered the 3500mah battery. Also, ALL my friends have cracked iPhones. I'm the only one in the group with Verizon. I refuse to get AT&T. Is there any way to crack my phone like they do theirs? They get ALL their apps free with the latest crack. Thanks in advance everyone.

keiichi25

Reaction score
I got the Droid Incredible. It's totally a whole new world. My last phone was a Samsung Rogue. I also ordered the 3500mah battery. Also, ALL my friends have cracked iPhones. I'm the only one in the group with Verizon. I refuse to get AT&T. Is there any way to crack my phone like they do theirs? They get ALL their apps free with the latest crack. Thanks in advance everyone.

You may have to clarify a little as far as what you mean by 'cracked'.

If you are asking about apps that are paid and getting them for free, stop right there. This forum does not advocate pirating of any sort.

If you mean jailbreaked, where it isn't locked down or preventing you from doing certain things, I believe that is what is being referred to as 'rooting' here.

TopDroid

Reaction score
Don't discount the original droid. My droid running at 1.1Ghz with Ultimate Droid 7 is running like butter, I'm not even sure I would change phones if I could for free.

+1.... I love my droid 1 running sapphire, 1ghz kernel and with 928 black glass! I wouldnt change it even for FREE!

OP
B

BombSquad91

Reaction score
Ok. Rooting.
Is it hard to do?
What are the benefits? Disadvantages?