Which Droid do I keep? Which do I return?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Liquid Fusion, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Liquid Fusion

Liquid Fusion New Member

Which do I keep? Which to return?

Two different resets that worked..........

Had replacement Droid that lost screen function. Screen was lighted dark. No picture. Removed battery. Let sit in a box for two days. In the box it was held to a cardboard surface with tight plastic against the screen. Getting ready to return Droid. Inserted battery. Tested one last time. Now works!! Draining the capacitators brought the screen back to life? Possibly pressure against the screen did something? Since I could see the screen, did data hard reset.

A second replacement Droid started constant bootloop action. Plus it got stuck in Airplane mode. Nothing worked. Tried pulling battery. Waiting 20 sec. booting then waiting 5 min. Plugged in car charger for over an hour watching Netflix. Unplugged charger. Boot loop action gone. Sleep fucntion works. Airplane ftn works too!! Can easily get 3G after airplane is on then turned off.

Which Droid do I keep? Which do I return? Does build date affect choice? 1211 | 1010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2011
  2. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

Lol wow good question sounds like Verizon is running out and giving up on the replacement og droid. They are both unusable if their problem comes back...
  3. Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong New Member

I would just choose one random one and root it :)
    But that is just my opinion!
    But I've been through three OG Droids! Today, mine started working too (same problem as ur first one)

[ ] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
    [X] Motorola Xoom: Stock Root 3.2
    [ ] Apple iPhone 3G: RedSn0w Jailbreak
    Tapatalk
  4. Liquid Fusion

Liquid Fusion New Member

Have 3rd replacement droid OG 1 build date 3011 - Keeping this one sending back the two above. This 3rd one came with a definite certified like new sticker on it.

Glad my experiences are correlating with others here. Gives us a sense that things can go well when the light is dim. Or another way to say it - the light at the end of the tunnel is not the headlight of an oncoming train but the light leading out to the world. That's the way it seems when things go wrong then right.

Rooted super one 211 - added clockwork mod. Flashed recovery. Booted into recovery. Wiped data/cache - installed GPA17 0808 from SD Card ..... Love this Droid!!! Bugless Beast!! Thanks Pete for your dedication to excellence.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2011