Which Droid and why?

Ickey09

Reaction score
Witch one is best? why did you pick that phone?

I'm asking because I'm about to ditch my Blackberry and get a droid on my verizon plan. Right now I'm looking at the Eris or the Motorola Droid.

I'm looking at your opinions and thought after buying and playing with your phones on witch one you like and why. Tell me the good and the bad.

warrior21

Reaction score
I wanted the physical keyboard so I got the moto droid. My wife just dumped her blackberry curve and got the droid a few days ago. I never thought I would see the day when that would happen but she loves it

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
There is only One Droid ;)

claustin

Reaction score
I think you mean "which" one. Don't get the Eris. If you want the physical keyboard go with the Droid (although i think the software keyboard is better, and swype better still, but that's subjective), however if you don't care about the keyboard wait for the Nexus 1 or HTC Incredible. I ditched the Storm for the Droid and love it, but I'll be selling it for an N1 or Incredible when they're released. Just my 2 cents.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I think you mean "which" one. Don't get the Eris. If you want the physical keyboard go with the Droid (although i think the software keyboard is better, and swype better still, but that's subjective), however if you don't care about the keyboard wait for the Nexus 1 or HTC Incredible. I ditched the Storm for the Droid and love it, but I'll be selling it for an N1 or Incredible when they're released. Just my 2 cents.[/QUOT

Im just curious, are their window docking mounts for either of those?

claustin

Reaction score
How about these?

Incredible isn't out on any carriers yet so not currently although i'm sure there will be.

OP
I

Ickey09

Reaction score
When does the N1 ad incredible drop?

Sorry about the spelling error, Wasn't really thinking when I wrote that ha ha.

dimaj

Reaction score
I chose Moto Droid for its performance. I was considering 1 of 3 models: Droid, Droid Eris and Nexus One. Nexus One seemed the best option based on the hardware specs, then there was Droid and then there was Droid Eris.
Then, I've read somewhere that Nexus One has an issue with multi-touch. Some guy wrote an app that verifies the multi-touch of Droid and Nexus One. While Droid was performing the way it was supposed to, Nexus One got all confused and completely reversed the touched points...

dimaj

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
pisses me off when people refer to the HTC ERIS as a DRIOD! only ONE DROID. other phones running Android are NOT being called DROIDS.....

*end of rant*

so DROID > ERIS end of story have a nice day that's all she wrote

-=Jason=-

GolfProRM

Reaction score
pisses me off when people refer to the HTC ERIS as a DRIOD! only ONE DROID. other phones running Android are NOT being called DROIDS.....

*end of rant*

so DROID > ERIS end of story have a nice day that's all she wrote

-=Jason=-

Except for the fact that Verizon is calling it the Droid Eris - not just the Eris. Therefore there are two Droid phones, but only one Moto Droid.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Except for the fact that Verizon is calling it the Droid Eris - not just the Eris. Therefore there are two Droid phones, but only one Moto Droid.

then why does:
- Verizon refer to it as DROID ERIS by HTC
- PhoneArena.com refer to it as HTC DROID ERIS (HTC DROID ERIS (Phone Arena))
Stupid Verizon.... ONLY ONE DRIOD and thats Motorola DROID....by calling the eris a droid as well it just further confuses people... they buy a eris thinking they are getting the best of the best and are let down and disappointed
HTC HERO for sprint = HTC ERIS for Verizon yet you don't see them calling it Droid HERO now do you?

-=Jason=-

GolfProRM

Reaction score
Stupid Verizon.... ONLY ONE DRIOD and thats Motorola DROID....by calling the eris a droid as well it just further confuses people... they buy a eris thinking they are getting the best of the best and are let down and disappointed
HTC HERO for sprint = HTC ERIS for Verizon yet you don't see them calling it Droid HERO now do you?

-=Jason=-

I agree they probably should have called it something else. FYI, the Eris is not a bad phone. My wife, brother, and most of my friends have Eris phones. Is it = to the Moto Droid? No, but it's not a bad phone in its own right.

dimaj

Reaction score
But the reviews all show what's best, right? How often do you buy a product that you are going to be stuck with for at least 1.5 years w/out doing some prior research on it? Also, most of the reps at Verizon and other providers have more insight on the workings of those devices and can give you a direct answer to a question like: "Which one is better Motorola Droid or HTC Eris?".

Also, I have to agree with GolfProRM... Different people have different expectations when they use their devices. Some might want to have the fastest response and most performance for the buck, while others want a phone that is just a phone and can introduce them to a new line of devices...

Jut might thoughts on the subject...

dimaj

Last edited: