Which Cyanogen will have Gingerbread?

SkullOne

Reaction score
The update is not Gingerbread! It is FRG83D. Another Froyo update for CM 6.2.

Technically if you're running CM 6.1 you have "FRG83D". That's just an ID code. The underlying code is still from Android 2.2.1 source which CM 6.1 is built from. So CM 6.1 users are already ahead of the game. ;)

I have no doubt that Droid will most likely get Gingerbread via CM. It's a very minor update overall. I wouldn't be surprised if Motorola upgrades it to 2.3 as well. Honeycomb though is a different story.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
I thought that gingerbread wouldn't come out for D1 unless motorola releases it for the D1... is this correct?

Anyways, its highly unlikely that moto/vzw will release 2.3 for the droid 1. They want us to upgrade~!

That is only true if you have a non-rooted phone and everything is stock as beans.

If you're in this section of the forum, I imagine you don't apply to that? ;)

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
This may or may not have been discussed, I don't know, but I'm a little lost on the Gingerbread situation. When are we getting it? Not just for Cyanogen but period. I see people already talking about having the update and what not and I would think rooted users would have it first, am I missing something?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Said update is not Gingerbread, it's FRG83D.

Gingerbread SDK has dropped and some people are messing around with the precompiled code, and the keyboard (which is buggy), but that's as far as that's gone.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Said update is not Gingerbread, it's FRG83D.

Gingerbread SDK has dropped and some people are messing around with the precompiled code, and the keyboard (which is buggy), but that's as far as that's gone.

Oh, okay. Hasn't that been out for like...a while?
And I tried checking out the keyboard earlier but it wouldn't install. I don't mind though since I would never use it anyway
I'm ready to see some Gingerbread for root users.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Yeah, a whopping 86400 minutes! :) (Actually probably slightly more or less; I extrapolated and did some multiplication.)

It just dropped yesterday. Gotta LOVE internet rumors. :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
OOHHHH!!! In that case I apologize and would offer you a fail banana but there isn't one on here. :)

FRG83 has been available on the N1 for months, but the Droid version (FRG83Droid) is just now being pushed out OTA.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
OOHHHH!!! In that case I apologize and would offer you a fail banana but there isn't one on here. :)

FRG83 has been available on the N1 for months, but the Droid version (FRG83Droid) is just now being pushed out OTA.

It's been available for root users for a while though. I'm confused haha

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Until the announcement was made for the official release, those ROMs were built on experimental, non-official (or at least non-Motorola) code. Now they're "official", but I'm sure there have been changes made that the devs will have to incorporate or be "behind the curve". :)

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, okay. Well I hope MIUI throws all this in their ROMs ha. That's what I'm running right now. Took a break from CM