which car charger

DroidXer

Reaction score
None of the chargers at the verizon store have mah listed. Which car charger should i go with? I currently have a verizon car charger but when using the dx as a gps it doesn't actually charge the phone

bally

Reaction score
Motorola P513 car charger provides enough current to charge the Droid X battery while Navigator is running. I bought one from Amazon for about $5.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
The Droid X car dock has a minUSB port in the back. If you got the car charger with your phone you can plug this into the back of the dock and it will charge your phone.

bally

Reaction score
The question was which car charger was best. The Verizon charger doesn't supply enough current to adequately charge the battery in high drain situations. The Motorola one does. I'm not sure what the actual rating is, but I believe it is 850 mAh.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

TwerpPoet

Reaction score
Eh, never mind. I didn't read closely enough.

I have the Verizon charger Model# 580394A001. It keeps up with the phone in GPS mode and still manage to do some charging, though certainly not as fast as when the phone is idle.

No listing of the mah, and a quick search online doesn't turn it up.

OP
D

DroidXer

Reaction score
Yeah there was no listing. Thanks Bally for the heads up I'm going to get that charger you suggested from Amazon. It's pretty cheap, too.