Which Bluetooth?

GrmReaper

Reaction score
Its a little pricy, but I use the Jawbone ERA...its the best I've ever used. The call quality is unmatched (IMHO), along with its 'noise assassin' feature which kills background noise and wind is epic :) Its touch sensitive so you just tap the outside to answer/end calls. Plus the apps that it comes with make taking notes, calling contacts and other features VERY helpful. People can never tell whether I'm on my BT or my phone...its that good. I've used the last three models of Jawbones, and until something better comes out, I'll continue to use them.

jdroid80

Reaction score
I found the Jawbone Icon Rogue on fry's electronics online on sale for $39 with in-store pick up (too bad it's not on sale anymore, $69 now).

I'm very impressed with the call quality. With the noise assasin I can talk as clear, if not more clear, as talking directly into the phone. And I can stream A2DP music and podcast which is the main reason why I wanted a bluetooth earpiece.

I give 'A' for value and I'm very satisfied with it.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I've gone through probably 10 or so bluetooth headsets over the last 5 years. I've even tried 3 bluetooth headphones. The problem is that they hurt my ears, and I forget to charge it, or forget to take it with me, or just forget it.

This is the one that everyone can hear me clearly on, and it's my most used one:
Amazon.com: Plantronics Voyager PRO HD Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories
- But it hurts my ear after about 5 minutes of wearing it.

I've been thinking about trying this one:
Amazon.com: Sony DRBT100CX Ear Bud Style Stereo Bluetooth Headset: Cell Phones & Accessories

Or this one:
Amazon.com: Jaybird Freedom Stereo Bluetooth Earbuds with Secure Fit-Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Midnight Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Or this one:
Amazon.com: Plantronics Voyager 855 Bluetooth Headset (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

The thing is, I know that I'll still come back and use these even though they are NOT bluetooth:
Amazon.com: Shure SE SE215-K - Single Dynamic MicroDriver Sound Isolating In Ear Earphones, Black: Electronics
+ this cable so that it works with my phone:
Amazon.com: Shure CBL-M+-K Music Phone Accessory Cable for Shure SE315, SE425, SE535 Headphones (Black): Electronics

There is no comparison, if you're looking for comfort and sound. These are the best headphones you can get, but they aren't bluetooth. in fact, nope. I'm done with bluetooth. I'm just using the Shure's from now on. I love 'em.

Last edited:

GrmReaper

Reaction score
If you're done with BY, then I could suggest Bose's mobile ear buds. The sound is incredible for music, the sound quality of the call in AND out is great. I couldn't stand having wires, which is why I ended up with Jawbone's ERA BY.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

GrmReaper

Reaction score
The Bose earbuds work with the Jawbone Era?

That's not what I said. I said that for WIRED headphones I used my Bose mobile ear buds, but I ended up going with a BT Jawbone ERA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

ccmitech

Reaction score
Follow up to my Blueant Q2 purchase.... on 2/8/2012

The Q2 is a really nice BT earpiece. Calls are fine. Folks hear me and I hear them. Streams work great. The voice actuated answer works most of the time. The TTS for text messages is handy and a lot nice with SVOX and an English Girl's voice. Regular voice commands are somewhat useful but a little gimmick-y and part of that is a limitation on voice commands on the Razr.

That said, all is not perfect in Blueant land.

Battery life pales in comparison to the RazrMAXX. I keep a Jabra handy for use when the Q2 dies. I'm sure streaming audio does not help the life but if you do stream be prepared for 4 hours of use before charging.

White full charge light never worked after 3rd day.

Several times a day I get "there is no phone connected" type announcements followed by "the phone is now connected" Very annoying in the middle of a call.

The Q2 has been rebooting itself randomly. This is not good. ( before you accuse a low battery the devices swears it is half full or better )

Note - I've sent in a support ticket. Will post the result.

cmorty72

Reaction score
Been sporting wide variety of BT's since they first came on the scene (Nokia BH 900, Blue Ant Z9, Z9i, V1, T1, Q2, and Jawbone 1, 2, Prime, and Icon, to name a few..). I like what the Icon offers (size and function). I'm currently looking for a decent replacement for my Icon, due to my Icon's failing battery (got it when it was first released nearly 2 yrs. ago).
Possibilities are: Samsung HM 7000 Gallery - Cell Phone Accessories BHM7000NBAC | Samsung Cell PhonesMotorola CommandOne http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/US-EN/Consumer-Product-and-Services/Bluetooth-Headsets/Motorola-Command-One-US-EN
a
nd the Nokia J Amazon.com: Nokia J Bluetooth Headset - Silver: Cell Phones & Accessories which isn't such a bad device, although it would be an instant winner if it had AD2P.

forumjunkie44

Reaction score
I have the jabra wave. I drive tractor trailer and it cancels all the background noise and is very loud. People can't even tell that I'm in a loud truck. My boss thought i was at home lol. Its comfortable too. They sell them at Verizon Wireless store for $59.99.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

lazuhrus

Reaction score
If you're looking for awesome audio quality and long battery life, and don't mind looking like an air traffic controller, grab one of the Blue Parrot Roadwarriors. There's two flavors, a B250-XT with 16 hours of /talk/ time, or the B250-XT+, with 20 hours of talk time and an AD2P profile to listen to single channel music, or something like Skype. I've been on the phone while standing between two refrigeration units on trailers, and been understood easily by the person on the other end. And the highest volume level is IMHO too loud and has to be turned down. Hands down the best BT I've tried, and I've got about a dozen different models sitting on the shelf now, from generic $25 models to $150 Motorolas. BlueAnt, Jawbone, Plantronics, etc. not worth the effort to keep charged.

fekish

Reaction score
Are there anyones out there that can be charged in the car, through usb cable?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

zencyl

Reaction score
My truck is very loud and I usually have a hard time hearing people on phone calls. Does anyone have a good loud headset they would recommend?