Which Battery Are You Using/Will Be Using?

robrecht

Reaction score
I have two 1400 HTC batteries and the 2750 HTC battery. Most of the time I'll use the two 1400s, but keep the 2750 in my briefcase when necessary.

I won't get another Seidio 'extended life slim' battery because they are poor quality, more expensive, and their warranty is not as good as Verizon's warranty.

For my last 4 phones, I've had 2 or 3 back-up batteries. A long time ago, I decided not to let battery life be a factor in my choice of a phone, screen brightness, etc. This has served me very well over the years, but maybe the ThunderBolt's terrible battery life and especially the stupid battery cover will be too much for me, lol.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting another normal battery. The only thing stopping me is the fact that the back case doesn't look so easy to take off. The way it has to "snap" back into place tells me it won't be long before I'll need to replace the back battery case. What are your thoughts on that (those always switching battery)?

Raptor007

Reaction score
I am going to be switching to the standard battery for a while, until we can get an extended battery case. I have considered a second standard battery but I will hold off on that. I think the Seidio 1600mAh are overpriced big time, for a small bump in battery power they are charging twice the price. I don't think so.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I got the 2750 free from verizon...so that's what I'll be using.

trebb

Reaction score
I LOVED the 1800mah battery on my DX. I hope they come out with something similar to that for the TB.

slinky

Reaction score
How did you manage that?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

bobcat124_23462

Reaction score
I'm using the extended battery. Being able to use my phone HEAVILY for an entire day without having to charge it is worth the slight cosmetic discrepancy the battery causes. Plus It's not *that* bad. Christ, get over it already. And the leather case at the Verizon store fits it quite nicely. A little snug, but not too tight. I can still get it out and put it in with one hand while on my belt. When I get it broke in, it should be perfect.

I wouldn't use extra batteries. its way too much of a b***h to get the cover on and off. I feel like I'm going to break it every time I do that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Last edited:

slinky

Reaction score
I bought the extended battery yesterday and today I'm taking it back to Verizon. I wouldn't mind the bulk if the replacement case didn't make it look and feel so awkward.

is it really that bad? you can pretty much do anything you want on the phone and it should last you all day, that really makes me want to get it

It's not even contoured. It's just a gigantic cube on the back of your phone. Yeah, it lasts, but there's no possible way you can comfortably hold that thing.

It's actually not as bad as I thought. At first it looked so awkward. If you put a case that fits on top and bottom of the battery it looks even less awkward and it's not so difficult to hold. You just lose that "sleek" quality you had when it was slimmer. It's the only solution if you use your phone pretty regularly during the day and aren't near the charger.