Which apps to Freeze?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kevinlaw, Nov 29, 2010.

1. kevinlaw

kevinlaw New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a D2 running 2.2, and just installed Titanium Backup to help with prolonging my battery life.

Basically, what are the normal apps that I should delete so that they aren't using up resources (e.g. Skype?)? I want to PROLONG my battery as much as possible without losing any functionality.

Other general questions for the knowledgeable since I've only had my D2 for 2 days and am new to all of this:

1. I used z4Root... should I ever be scared of not being able to unroot my phone due to this program being altered? The option is currently there, but I want to know that if something happens, I can pretend like my phone was never rooted.

2. Taskillers: general feeling on these forums is that they are bad, correct?

Thanks to everyone who helps. Glad there is such a great community out there for this stuff. Sorry if my questions were too elementary.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
  2. Ripper27

Ripper27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've used that program alot on phones. Just remember before you unroot use rom manger to install stock os, and make sure you have all system apps reinstalled. Then unroot and you got stock phone again. Make sure you choose a stock rom that has root as well to save time.
    God luck and have fun

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

3. Ripper27

Ripper27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    On another note if you also use root manager you can remove system apps that eat memory, just make sure your phone doesn't need the apps you remove.

4. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +603
    I freeze an app before I uninstall to make sure its ok to do so. If my phone will run with it frozen, its uninstalled.
    Look at SetCPU for more battery life. By setting up the profiles, you can save your battery.

1. I'm not familiar with z4root or the D2, but there are ways to unroot.

2. They are dead weight.

If you need more help, just ask.

5. kevinlaw

kevinlaw New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I have ROM manager... now what?

Can you provide a place or link to get version 2.2 back on the D2? I am still lost when it comes to installing these ROMs on a Droid correctly. A link to general info on all this would be useful.

Additionally I realized that you need Titanium Pro in order to Freeze programs... it won't let me with the free version.

6. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +603
    Rom Manager Premium lets you 'Backup current rom'. ALWAYS make a backup before flashing a new rom. If this is your first rom, then your first backup will be of your phone the way it is now, plus root. No matter how many roms you flash or how many backups you have, you can go back to day one. I think thats what you're asking.
    I started with SP Recovery and now use Clockwork, but both will let you backup from there. Works the same as RM Premium. The only difference is RM lets you name your backups. SPR and CW names them by date which you can change with your PC.
    I rely on Titanium, I think its worth every penny.

Heres more - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/91760-droid-2-hacking-rom-install-class.html

7. kevinlaw

kevinlaw New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok

So I get a bit of what you all are getting at now.

My question is though, I have already removed unneeded system programs like Skype which run in the background of 2.2. Can someone provide a link or explanation to specifically get back to 2.2 stock for the D2. I wish I would have just gotten Titanium pro for the freeze, but too late for that.

Additionally, will I receive OTA updates now if my phone is just rooted?

I still have the Moto ROM and everything. I just want to be able to basically overclock my Processor and then Unroot/ revert back to factory settings so that I can keep my warranty if I go back to the Verizon store.

8. Ripper27

Ripper27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just google your stock 2.2 for your device and use rom manager to install it, use z4root unroot and your good. On another note, if your rooted you could still get updates but your custom recovery will block.

Search tags for this page

android freeze programs

battery percentage android titanium backup freeze

could calendar app make phone feeze

droid 4 titanium backup freeze app
system apps which can be frozen on galaxy y
titanium backup pro key what can i freeze