Which Apps Are Best If 2 People Using Droid?

ginapple

Reaction score
My husband and I both have Droid X. We want to set up a shared calendar, task list and contact list that will synch to both phones. (They can be 3 separate apps.) Right now I use Outlook and it is a HUGE pain synching from/to computer, copying from 1 phone to another etc. Data gets lost.

Does anyone have experience doing this? What apps do you recommend? Would like to use Google apps (Calendar etc) but am not averse to paying for apps if needed.

What do you recommend and how do you set them up?

Thanks.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think you could do all of those things by both adding a second shared gmail acct. That way you could both add mutual calendar events and contacts and such.

tappin and a talkin

xush

Reaction score
My wife & I share gmail calendars on our DX's. Had to set it up through a browser online, but works fine between phones now.

We also use an app called Our Groceries that syncs lists on our phones (doesn't have to be just grocery lists)

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Xush that's a good idea with the grocery list. Way to go in thinking outside the box

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
G

ginapple

Reaction score
Thanks for the good answers. I am a techie in specific areas but don't know anything about Droids or gmail....
I have never set up a shared gmail account. Is it a specific setting for sharing, or do we both just log in as the same person? When you say you set it up with a browser online, do you mean you did this using your computernd not your Droid?

Thanks for your help.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hi ginapple...it wasn't me who came up with the answer..it was xush who wrote right before me. I was merely complimenting xush for coming up with a good suggestion..so get back to xush for the answer (what I think xush means by online though if on the computer) or maybe you could use the browser, google, on your phone..good luck finding an answer..somebody else might post an answer to your question also.

Technoman

Reaction score
Thanks for the good answers. I am a techie in specific areas but don't know anything about Droids or gmail....
I have never set up a shared gmail account. Is it a specific setting for sharing, or do we both just log in as the same person? When you say you set it up with a browser online, do you mean you did this using your computernd not your Droid?

Thanks for your help.

Step by Step below:

1) Log on to Google on your computer (just easier to do this part on a computer)
2) Create a new account (determine the user name and password that both wil remember) this will be the "shared" google account.
3) Go to your "My Accounts" on your Droid X (if both are not X's, there should be something for creating accounts), and create a Google account on each phone, but use the same user and password on both phones from Step 2.
4) Put your events and items on the shared calendar and such from either the phone or computer and they should be synced to both phones.