Which app for switching from 4g to 3g and back?

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I was trying to find out what widgit/app you guys are using to switch your phone from 4g mode to 3g and back again. Right now I only know to go into settings and change the power mode from performance. However doing that the other day left me without any connectivity until I rebooted. So I'm just looking for an easy to use and somewhat foolproof way from the home screen.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
There's nothing overly good. Most people are using LTE switch. But there's definitely no toggle widget for it as of this moment.

RezoundHound

Reaction score
You can switch LTE on/off without changing the Power Mode. Go to Settings/Wireless Networks/Mobile Networks/Network Mode. However, a quicker alternative is to try LTE OnOFF - HTC Thunderb. It's made for the Thunderbolt, but should work on the Rezound as well.

RH

Last edited:

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Been using LTE switch and it works fine. Makes a huge difference in batteries with LTE off

Chris

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Its seems that both of these apps are merely "shortcuts" to the phone's actual LTE settings, which is fine, since at present there doesn't seem to be an app that's an actual switch. This is not a criticism, just an observation.

RH

OP
M

mikeinctown

Reaction score
Can you guys tell me what settings you are using with the lte switch? When I use the suggested settings I don't get 3g, only 1x. When I switch back it does go back to 4g prettily quick.

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums.

williamtv3

Reaction score
3g toggle

good question...I'm seeing the same thing on mine. Just the 1X. The user manual shows that there is a 3G icon that should pop up when it's being used. Not sure what this means?!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
CDMA Auto PRL is what I use and it works for 3g but due to over capacity on my 3g cells in my area often drop to 1x when using it
LTE Switch Thunderbird is the app I use

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

williamtv3

Reaction score
3g toggle update...

Update to my earlier post...I downloaded the LTE for Thunderbolt and it works perfectly!! You can save it right to your home page and switch between the CDMA auto or the CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto. Works like a dream for my rezound!

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
4g Toggle for Razr. Works fine on my Rezound.

again it takes you to the settings but it works very well.

Coupe

Reaction score
Hmm, when I set my connection to CDMA I get no connectivity at all? What am I not getting? I have my wifi off btw.

EDIT I did a hard reboot and now it seems to have a 3G icon again.

Last edited:

colagada

Reaction score
Elixir (Widgets) has a 4G toggle that takes the user to the same menu, so if you're using Elixir, you don't need a separate app.

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
+1, so far I think this one is best. Thunderbolt brings up too many options.

yep. you get a condensed amount of options and when you select the mode, it's a nice and simple two choices not a massive drop down box of options.