Which Android phone battery lasts the longest? We know!

J

JohnDroid

Have you ever wondered which Android / Droid phone lasts the longest with the stock configuration and battery? I have, and since I've owned both the Droid, Droid 2 and Droid X, I had my own beliefs based on my own experiences.

Laptop Magazine however took the job on and did it in a much more scientific test and the results are a bit surprising.

Who emerged on top? The Droid X, which is quite surprising since it has the largest screen of all devices. Generally speaking, driving the display and lighting up that big screen is usually quite a power drain. Motorola however, must have done some magic to make the process more efficient.

Who rated 2nd? Well, you can check out the chart above or visit Laptop Magazine at the following link for the full article: Android Battery Test Reveals Droid X Lasts Longest, AMOLED Handsets Trail

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hoorayy! This day will go down in DX history

ok maybe a bit of exaggeration on my part...

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The dell streak has an even bigger 5" screen, and it was only a little bit behind the X. That surprises me a LOT. Dell must have worked some real magic there ;)

10roller

Reaction score
thanx LM for including the most popular droid phone in your test.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looking at that , the Droid 2 has the best battery life outta all the phones. I guessed it would too..

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm shocked at the Samsung phones tho....they all have a 45nm chip. I guess that Amoled tech isnt all thats its cracked up to be.

Like I always say, every phone and screen has its pros and cons.

They explained that a white background, screen will drain the battery faster than a black screen with Amoled.

So browsing the web with an Amoled screen aint the best for reading texts and battery life.

I can kinda understand the EVO and Inc. (both have a 65nm chip) Especially since the Inc has the smallest battery. Smallest battery, 65nm chip AND Amoled screen.....The Inc is handicapped bad for web browsing.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Streak is a mystery cuz its also supposed to have a 65nm Snapdragon, the GSM version of the ones in the Inc and EVO. I wonder what they did....or are the specs wrong for the Streak? Is the GSM version better on battery life? Things that make u go Hmmmm....

slinky

Reaction score
I also just realized that not all are running Froyo too. The incredible is darn fast. With Froyo and the Seidio extended battery, it's a darn amazing phone.

tehpriest

Reaction score
Why on earth did the use Advanced Task Killer? If anything is going to give inconsistency that is.

Nibbz

Reaction score
thats pretty funny considering i get between 14-20 hours of battery life depending on how I use the phone on my rooted Droid running Sapphire.

Jcshannon05

Reaction score
I can get a full day of normal use and still have 30% battery when I wake up with my DX. I'm loving it. Rooted with Froyo.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
J

JohnDroid

Nothing beats the battery life of my original Droid 1 modified either... so a modded phone (done right) will outlast a non modded one.